FedEx Shipping from USA to Australia

I ordered from Marco last weekend and was advised it shipped on Tuesday 12th
July.

It still has not arrived. Should I start to get worried if it has not
arrived by Monday 18th July?

There has been someone at our house 24/7 due to child care/holidays so there
is no chance it was delivered and stolen etc.

> My experience with Fed Ex is that EVERYTHING goes through customs, and that is probably your hold up.

Exactly. At work, I often ship custom computer components to clients
in Latin America via FedEx. They DO get to the destination country the
next day. But they are then held up in redtape by the local customs
officials until everything clears. Even when I sent things to
Monterrey, Mexico (Two hours south of Texas) "overnight" takes 3-4
days.

Barry - NY

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

Hello Brad,
I'd give it a few more Days, Unless it was sent Air-mail,
you're still in good shape !

Pin-Del,

Brad and Pam wrote:
> I ordered from Marco last weekend and was advised it shipped on Tuesday 12th
> July.
>
> It still has not arrived. Should I start to get worried if it has not
> arrived by Monday 18th July?
>
> There has been someone at our house 24/7 due to child care/holidays so there
> is no chance it was delivered and stolen etc.

FedEx did the same thing to me. Ordered from Marco, Fed Ex claims they
delivered here on the 11th. There is no way as on the 11th at 6:05pm I
was here with my three kids cooking dinner. Did you get a tracking
number?

Charlie L.

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

In article <42d9d12b$1@duster.adelaide.on.net>,
"Brad and Pam" <bradandpam@internode.on.net> wrote:

> I ordered from Marco last weekend and was advised it shipped on Tuesday 12th
> July.
>
> It still has not arrived. Should I start to get worried if it has not
> arrived by Monday 18th July?
>
> There has been someone at our house 24/7 due to child care/holidays so there
> is no chance it was delivered and stolen etc.

My experience with Fed Ex is that EVERYTHING goes through customs, and
that is probably your hold up.

I know Marco went that way because it is easier and cheaper for him, but
not for me in Australia so I won't be buying from him anymore.

Shame... he's a nice guy with a nice selection who does a good job.

Cheers
Macman

PS: Try Bay Area Amusements... they send EMS and I've had packages
arrive within 4 days.

On 16 Jul 2005 20:40:04 -0700, Charlie L. wrote:
> FedEx did the same thing to me. Ordered from Marco, Fed Ex claims they
> delivered here on the 11th. There is no way as on the 11th at 6:05pm I
> was here with my three kids cooking dinner. Did you get a tracking
> number?

I get lied to about delivery attmpts by DHL and Fed Ex on a regular
basis, and others have had similar experiences with UPS and just about
any other courier service. Inconveniently, the sender's experience
chooses the shipper even though the reciever's experience is the most
important for whether something actually shows up.

--
27. I will never build only one of anything important. All important systems
will have redundant control panels and power supplies. For the same reason

I'm pretty sure it's the Fedex/customs thing as others have mentioned. My
suggestion for the future is to use EMS wherever possible. They're a division of
Australia Post and I've never had trouble with them. Fast and reliable - most of
my stuff from BAA arrives within 7 days, and usually within 5 business days.