Malcolm

I'm using the logon screen with one user with a password. The logon cursor
used to automatic such that everytime the welcome screen appears, I do not
need to click on my username before I type in my password. Recently, due to
reasons unknown, it no longer does so and it's a nuisance to keep moving my
mouse to click on the username before I can type in my password. Is there
anything that can help?

I've tried checking and unchecking the options in the user accounts menu as
well as using tweakui but to no avail. Thanks in advance.

ok so if i understand correctly Windows starts up and shows only one
(possible) user but does not automatically start the login screen for
that user (you have to click on the icon of the user first)?

Dunno a solution yet though 8(

frodo

Malcolm <Malcolm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm using the logon screen with one user with a password. The logon cursor
> used to automatic such that everytime the welcome screen appears, I do not
> need to click on my username before I type in my password. Recently, due to
> reasons unknown, it no longer does so and it's a nuisance to keep moving my
> mouse to click on the username before I can type in my password. Is there
> anything that can help?

You installed the .Net Framework.

Go to winupdate and get the lastest .Net 1.1 and its 1 or 2 SPs/Hotfixes
(revisit until all the related .Net fixes get installed). These are
security fixes you should have, but they'll fix this cosmetic issue as
well.

Or, using TweakUI, on the logon branch, uncheck the item "show ASPNET on
the welcome screen".

Malcolm

I've installed the updates as advised as well as unchecked the item "Show
ASPNET on the welcome screen" in TweakUI but the problem still persists. I
still end up having to click the username icon before I can type in the
password.