partion........

Hi All,
I have 40GB hard disk in my computer and right now two partition in
their, one is 15GB and another one 25GB. In 15 GB partition all most
full so I want to increase size of this partition from another one. How
can I increase size of partition?
Please help me.
Thanks.

Hi GasMan,
I want to delete 25GB partition and that space add in to remaining, its
possible ? If yes please advice me.
Thanks.

GasMan wrote:
> First of all...BACKUP your HD.
> Then google for a Partition Manager.
>
> If you do not want to pay anything try
> http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,6170,00.asp,
> but be aware that it is beta and I have not used it. I just did a
> google for 'partition manager' and looked for a free option. That was
> the first one I came across.
>
> Regardless of what you use, BACKUP first.
>
> If you are not worried about what is on there, then you could Fdisk
> and format and start from an empty disk (time consuming).
>
> On 16 Dec 2004 11:09:01 -0800, "bdisk" <bhav617@indiatimes.com>
wrote:

> >Hi All,
> >I have 40GB hard disk in my computer and right now two partition in
> >their, one is 15GB and another one 25GB. In 15 GB partition all most
> >full so I want to increase size of this partition from another one.
How
> >can I increase size of partition?
> >Please help me.
> >Thanks.
>
> Please remove obvious from email address if emailing.

gasman

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

First of all...BACKUP your HD.
Then google for a Partition Manager.

If you do not want to pay anything try
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,6170,00.asp,
but be aware that it is beta and I have not used it. I just did a
google for 'partition manager' and looked for a free option. That was
the first one I came across.

Regardless of what you use, BACKUP first.

If you are not worried about what is on there, then you could Fdisk
and format and start from an empty disk (time consuming).

On 16 Dec 2004 11:09:01 -0800, "bdisk" <bhav617@indiatimes.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>I have 40GB hard disk in my computer and right now two partition in
>their, one is 15GB and another one 25GB. In 15 GB partition all most
>full so I want to increase size of this partition from another one. How
>can I increase size of partition?
>Please help me.
>Thanks.

Please remove obvious from email address if emailing.

gasman

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

Yes, a partition manager would do that for you.