If I were to sell my comp~

Well, I'm just about ready to buy a new computer. But if I do my old comp will just be sitting around. So I plan to sell it. What I'd like a suggestion on is the price. Here are the specs:

Pentium III 1.0Ghz Coppermine Core
Asus CUV4X-E Motherboard with Via Chipset
512 MB SDRAM @ 133mhz
40 GB Quatum Fireball Hard Drive
Asus GeForce 2 GTS 32MB DDR Video Card
Sound Blaster Live! Value Sound Card
19" Sceptre Non-Flat Monitor
Altec Lansing ACS56 4.1 Speakers
LG 48/24/48 CD-R Drive
Panasonic 8x DVD Drive
3.5¡± Floppy Drive
Samsung Standard Keyboard
Logitech Optical Mouse

I bought this computer at $2350 CAD ($1800 US) around 2.5 years ago. I was hoping to be able to get at least $350 CAD ($270 US) but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

Love, Faith & Joy
12 answers Last reply
More about sell comp
  1. Easiest thing to do is go to eBay and check out similar systems that have already been sold. That should give you a pretty good idea of what you'd be able to get.
    -Brett
  2. id keep it around for a back up and second gaming pc for a freind that comes over or somthing. but thats just me. you should be able to get about 300 bucks for it. perhaps more.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015
  3. Actually I've been talking to a friend. He said I should be able to get around $500 CAD ($385 US). What do you guys think? $500 would be awesome for the hole that my new comp is going to make in my pocket.

Love, Faith & Joy
  4. It's funny that you said that because I was actually thinking $500 too ... though my thought was $500 US. <i>If</i> it's sold with monitor and speakers I don't see why $500 USD wouldn't be unreasonable. Maybe even slightly more. It'd have to be marketed right though with nice catchwords like "<font color=blue>monitor included</font color=blue>", "<font color=green>surround-sound speakers</font color=green>", "<font color=purple>Advanced 3D acceleration</font color=purple>", "DVD playback", etc. You know, the typical buzzword array that works so well on people who don't know any better. ;)

<pre><b><font color=red>*** BattleTech - The Crescent Hawks Inception ***</b>
    Pilot twenty-ton behemoth robots to save your planet from a
    Kuritian invasion force. Now available on the C=64!</font color=red></pre><p>
  5. Yeah I agree, I managed to sell a PII 350Mhz system with crappy everything else (i.e 2d card, 8GB HDD, small crappy monitor, and a basic copy of Win98 and 2 channel Soundcard) for £270, which is about $400 I think. You just need to market it right and make sure you sell it to someone who thinks its REALLY good (i.e market the GTS as a hardcore gaming card, they wouldnt know that was a lie!!)

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6752830" target="_new">Yay, I Finally broke the 12k barrier!!</A>
  6. It is worth $350 cdn with the screen/speakers/processor/disk.
    I'd be surprised if u had problems selling it for that.
    $500 may be a bit much but......there is one born everyday.

The loving are the daring!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flinx on 08/21/03 05:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  7. Thanks for the help guys. I think I will start it at $500 and take anything over $400. I hope to get rid of it within the next month. Then hopefully I will be able to buy my new toy for the year :)

Love, Faith & Joy
  8. where are you selling it? Ebay i guess... I think your expectations are a little high, because most people that buy stuff on ebay as opposed from oems probably knows a little bit about pc hardware and has some knowladge of what that is worth. I would just be sure to include enough information about every single part, so people feel confident in what they are buying.
  9. I concur with the $500 USD. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

"Don't question it!!!" - Err
  10. I think he meant $500 CDN which is like $375 US

The loving are the daring!
  11. Yes, $500 CAD is correct. And I don't plan to sell it on Ebay. I am going to try to find someone locally. It should be easier to sell that way anyways :)

Love, Faith & Joy
  12. You can get more for the package if you sell it piece by piece. Unless you're hard up for the money then sell it as a whole.

My opinion.

I had an old 512MB PC133 stick I bought on eBay for 47Euro incl shipping and handling. I turned around and sold it on eBay for 57Euro with shipping and handling. Got a positive feedback on it too.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=23810" target="_new"><font color=blue>My System </font color=blue></A>
    <b><font color=blue>VAGABOND<font color=blue></b>

<b><font color=blue>veni,vidi, and ended up in THGC<font color=blue></b>
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs