Start up troubles!!!

August 26, 2005 3:18:28 PM

Hey, well just this arvo i reformatted my slave HDD. and now when i turn
on my pc it asks me which operating system i want to open, Windows Xp
home or Windows Xp home. Does anyone know how to get rid of this
because it is extremely annoeying, especially because i know my sister
will complain about having to push to extra buttons.!!!! also, when i
double click on the HDD, D;/ there is a folder called RECYCLER which i
have never seen be installed before!?!?!

--
jazza_d4

More about : start troubles

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 3:47:35 PM

You will have to edit the boot.ini file on the root of the boot drive
(you will have to view hidden and system files to see it) or right click
My Computer click properties and then Advanced then startup and Shutdown
and untick the relevant options from there. The recycler folder is the
recycle bin for that partition and can be ignored.

jazza_d4 wrote:
> Hey, well just this arvo i reformatted my slave HDD. and now when i turn
> on my pc it asks me which operating system i want to open, Windows Xp
> home or Windows Xp home. Does anyone know how to get rid of this
> because it is extremely annoeying, especially because i know my sister
> will complain about having to push to extra buttons.!!!! also, when i
> double click on the HDD, D;/ there is a folder called RECYCLER which i
> have never seen be installed before!?!?!

August 28, 2005 4:12:07 AM

jazza_d4 wrote:

> Hey, well just this arvo i reformatted my slave HDD. and now when i turn
> on my pc it asks me which operating system i want to open, Windows Xp
> home or Windows Xp home. Does anyone know how to get rid of this
> because it is extremely annoeying, especially because i know my sister
> will complain about having to push to extra buttons.!!!! also, when i
> double click on the HDD, D;/ there is a folder called RECYCLER which i
> have never seen be installed before!?!?!

Go to start | run. Type in msconfig, click ok. On the boot.ini tab
click on "Check all Boot Paths", it should find the non functioning
entry and offer to delete it for you.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User