NAT/ port forwarding??

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

hello microsoft users,
how do i enable NAT/ port forwarding. this would be for
port 4662 (tcp and 4672 (udp).

edonkey needs to use these two ports and the firewall of
our mn700 seems to be blocking them.

! will this effect the safety of our firewall??

also, it was recommended that i go as fas as opening ports
4660-4712.> would this be wise and once again how would i
go about doing it??

Thankyouall in advance

~james

joker

Enter one entry for the TCP port & one for the UDP port both entries
must be entered in the "Persistent Port Forwarding" Page. The inbound &
private port must be the same for both of those ports or eDonkey will
have problems.

james wrote:

> hello microsoft users,
> how do i enable NAT/ port forwarding. this would be for
> port 4662 (tcp and 4672 (udp).
>
> edonkey needs to use these two ports and the firewall of
> our mn700 seems to be blocking them.
>
> ! will this effect the safety of our firewall??
>
> also, it was recommended that i go as fas as opening ports
> 4660-4712.> would this be wise and once again how would i
> go about doing it??
>
> Thankyouall in advance
>
> ~james

joker

The same ports the it requires. I thought that one would be a duh.
Since you did post the port numbers in your first post.