Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

FS: NOS Playfields: Whitewater, main and upper, Shadow mai..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 10:00:18 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

For Sale (before they goto eBay):

NOS main Whitewater playfield (dimpled, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
upper playfield
NOS main Shadow playfield (dimple, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
battlefield

many, many people have been asking to buy these from me over the years. I
will only sell the main and upper playfields as a set. Prices are:
Whitewater pair $2500, Shadow pair $1500, email with questions. I'm not
interested in trades or negotiating prices, I am more than happy to keep
them. email me at guido AT grumpy-cat DOT com
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 10:00:19 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

> I'm not
> interested in trades or negotiating prices, I am more than happy to keep
> them.

At those prices, you may be happily keeping them for awhile.
July 17, 2005 3:06:56 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

<html
<body>
<head>
<sarcasm>
Why not just ask for 5000$??? It's a cool, round number, no point in
splitting it in half, nickel and diming for 2.5k and asking for
peanuts...
</sarcasm>
</body>
</html>

Seriously now, at those prices, many, many people will ask you again,
and you will keep it for many, many years... I can (sort of) understand
high prices for NOS playfields such as MM, AFM and the likes, but WW?

Adi
www.txpinball.com


Mark Guidarelli wrote:
> For Sale (before they goto eBay):
>
> NOS main Whitewater playfield (dimpled, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
> upper playfield
> NOS main Shadow playfield (dimple, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
> battlefield
>
> many, many people have been asking to buy these from me over the years. I
> will only sell the main and upper playfields as a set. Prices are:
> Whitewater pair $2500, Shadow pair $1500, email with questions. I'm not
> interested in trades or negotiating prices, I am more than happy to keep
> them. email me at guido AT grumpy-cat DOT com
Related resources
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 3:19:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Wayne did not pay $600,000 plus for the WMS rights for nothing

He is going to remake WW for sure and Shadow if he gets permission

WW does not require permission

The prices on this stuff (especially the non-licensed stuff) will drop
dramatically very, very, very soon

$2500 for a WW playfield is insane

$1200 for a WW playfield is insane

maybe like $800-900 or so would be reasonable, maybe

gary



adi@txpinball.com wrote:
> <html
> <body>
> <head>
> <sarcasm>
> Why not just ask for 5000$??? It's a cool, round number, no point in
> splitting it in half, nickel and diming for 2.5k and asking for
> peanuts...
> </sarcasm>
> </body>
> </html>
>
> Seriously now, at those prices, many, many people will ask you again,
> and you will keep it for many, many years... I can (sort of) understand
> high prices for NOS playfields such as MM, AFM and the likes, but WW?
>
> Adi
> www.txpinball.com
>
>
> Mark Guidarelli wrote:
> > For Sale (before they goto eBay):
> >
> > NOS main Whitewater playfield (dimpled, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
> > upper playfield
> > NOS main Shadow playfield (dimple, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
> > battlefield
> >
> > many, many people have been asking to buy these from me over the years. I
> > will only sell the main and upper playfields as a set. Prices are:
> > Whitewater pair $2500, Shadow pair $1500, email with questions. I'm not
> > interested in trades or negotiating prices, I am more than happy to keep
> > them. email me at guido AT grumpy-cat DOT com
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 3:25:59 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

One other thing:

No one every says this, but a lot of the "NOS playfields" are actually
playfields that were not good enough originally to be put in machines

REJECTS ....

I have purchased 3 NOS fields this year and all of them had some pretty
serious problems

It wasn't like WMS took their best fields and left them out of machines

When a machine was on location and the field went south, 99.999% of the
time, the machine just stayed that way. It wasn't like WMS was pushing
playfield exchanges

It isn't going to be that difficult for Wayne to exceed the quality of
these "NOS fields"

Gary
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 3:50:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Pinlicious

Maybe you could help Mark out by letting him piggy back on your Ebay
account

Your past customer comments should help him get over $2500 for that
field

Use the first account you set up with Ebay, that's the one I like the
best

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&...

Maybe $5000 for the lower half alone

I have also heard that there is a 3rd Pinlicious Ebay account that was
canned as well.

gary
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 4:06:33 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

For those wondering why I kill posts

It goes something like this

1) I really like the hobby

2) I really like 95% of the collectors in the hobby

3) I like to exchange information with them

4) Every time I post, the freak crowd gets involved, takes my message
off focus into the gutter and then I always fight back

5) I wish I had better self control and didn't fight back

6) I regret fighting back with the freaks later and just delete

I am really being wiped out of the hobby by the freaks because this
entire routine is just getting old, old, old

so Pinky boy is winning because my resolve is lessoning

PINKY BOY, what a great name for that freak with the 5 Star Ebay record

that's all

gary
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 4:08:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

By the way, do you see how PINKY BOY always repeats my messages?

The only messages he won't repeat are the ones that feature his EBAY
record

That Ebay record is a major problem for him to overcome

It's hard to explain away ...

gary
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 4:15:28 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hey Pinky BOY

most people only need to have one Ebay account

NOT 3 ...

Clean up your act ...

gary
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 4:51:51 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

By the way Pink Freak, no one cares about my posts

ONLY you

they are boring ... like collecting words of nothing

do you tape record your daily conversations so you have record of
everything that everyone ever said?

BORING ....

on the other hand Pink ...

People do care about your ebay record

You see they want to know your history before they do business with you

No one wants to get burned

gary
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 6:36:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

On 17 Jul 2005 11:25:59 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>One other thing:
>
>No one every says this, but a lot of the "NOS playfields" are actually
>playfields that were not good enough originally to be put in machines
>
>REJECTS ....
>
>I have purchased 3 NOS fields this year and all of them had some pretty
>serious problems
>
>It wasn't like WMS took their best fields and left them out of machines
>
>When a machine was on location and the field went south, 99.999% of the
>time, the machine just stayed that way. It wasn't like WMS was pushing
>playfield exchanges
>
>It isn't going to be that difficult for Wayne to exceed the quality of
>these "NOS fields"
>
>Gary

until he does, the price stands at $2500.

deal with it :-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 6:39:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

On 17 Jul 2005 11:19:30 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>Wayne did not pay $600,000 plus for the WMS rights for nothing
>
>He is going to remake WW for sure and Shadow if he gets permission
>
>WW does not require permission
>
>The prices on this stuff (especially the non-licensed stuff) will drop
>dramatically very, very, very soon
>
>$2500 for a WW playfield is insane
>
>$1200 for a WW playfield is insane
>
>maybe like $800-900 or so would be reasonable, maybe
>
>gary

why 8-900? i mean gary, if wayne is going to repro all these
playfields and have better quality like you say, why wouldn't a
reasonable price be $400? people have seen what ipb was able to do
with the taf pf's and were not impressed. just matching colors alone
is gonna be a bear. get your head out of your ass, get back to work so
you can afford some nos pf's, and quit cher bitchin. :-)

i have noticed everytime you bitch, it seems price comes up. if you
can't afford the hobby, get lost. your crying is getting old.

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)


>
>
>
>adi@txpinball.com wrote:
>> <html
>> <body>
>> <head>
>> <sarcasm>
>> Why not just ask for 5000$??? It's a cool, round number, no point in
>> splitting it in half, nickel and diming for 2.5k and asking for
>> peanuts...
>> </sarcasm>
>> </body>
>> </html>
>>
>> Seriously now, at those prices, many, many people will ask you again,
>> and you will keep it for many, many years... I can (sort of) understand
>> high prices for NOS playfields such as MM, AFM and the likes, but WW?
>>
>> Adi
>> www.txpinball.com
>>
>>
>> Mark Guidarelli wrote:
>> > For Sale (before they goto eBay):
>> >
>> > NOS main Whitewater playfield (dimpled, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
>> > upper playfield
>> > NOS main Shadow playfield (dimple, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
>> > battlefield
>> >
>> > many, many people have been asking to buy these from me over the years. I
>> > will only sell the main and upper playfields as a set. Prices are:
>> > Whitewater pair $2500, Shadow pair $1500, email with questions. I'm not
>> > interested in trades or negotiating prices, I am more than happy to keep
>> > them. email me at guido AT grumpy-cat DOT com
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 7:04:59 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

On 17 Jul 2005 11:50:18 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>Pinlicious
>
>Maybe you could help Mark out by letting him piggy back on your Ebay
>account
>
>Your past customer comments should help him get over $2500 for that
>field
>
>Use the first account you set up with Ebay, that's the one I like the
>best
>
>http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&...
>
>Maybe $5000 for the lower half alone
>
>I have also heard that there is a 3rd Pinlicious Ebay account that was
>canned as well.
>
>gary

heard about a 3rd e-bay account? was it from me? of course it was,
because i keep it on the down low so clowns like you can be avoided.
keep spending your time trying to find it, you won't. i use it as a
purchase only account, so you can';t find it and screw with it try as
you may ;-)

waa, waa, waa, cry me a river gary.

can't afford the hobby so you bitch about it. way to go.
a 60 year old guy doesn't hump a machine on his back and carry it in
your house for you. cry us a river. you have a baby but you don't
change diapers. way to help out. you do nothing for the pinball hobby
except bitch, bitch, bitch. when does it end?

try and grow up someday and maybe you could show your face at a
pinball show and make your first friend. you must be pretty lonely
posting to lil ol me on a sunday afternoon. thanks for the
entertainment while i type up invoices and have a tall glass of
lemonade.

what a sad life you must have. you are the king troll of rgp, you
mommy must be proud ;-P)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 7:09:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

On 17 Jul 2005 12:08:22 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>By the way, do you see how PINKY BOY always repeats my messages?
>
>The only messages he won't repeat are the ones that feature his EBAY
>record
>
>That Ebay record is a major problem for him to overcome
>
>It's hard to explain away ...
>
>gary

more lies.

i just did 5 minutes before you posted this brilliant thread gary. so
yet again you have proven that you post out of you backside.

so one e-bay account got stolen and another wasn't stellar. big deal.
i can live with it. e-bay is a place that you bitch about constantly.
keep crying about prices, you do it so well.

what a great life you must have, lol. pathetic.

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 7:11:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

On 17 Jul 2005 12:06:33 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>For those wondering why I kill posts
>
>It goes something like this
>
>1) I really like the hobby
>
>2) I really like 95% of the collectors in the hobby
>
>3) I like to exchange information with them
>
>4) Every time I post, the freak crowd gets involved, takes my message
>off focus into the gutter and then I always fight back
>
>5) I wish I had better self control and didn't fight back
>
>6) I regret fighting back with the freaks later and just delete
>
>I am really being wiped out of the hobby by the freaks because this
>entire routine is just getting old, old, old
>
>so Pinky boy is winning because my resolve is lessoning
>
>PINKY BOY, what a great name for that freak with the 5 Star Ebay record
>
>that's all
>
>gary

oh gary, what a drama queen. you bring it all upon yourself. grow a
set, become a man, and take responsibility for your actions. if you
weren't such a keyboard ninja you would be nothing in life, but you
already knew that ;-P)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 9:36:49 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

On 17 Jul 2005 12:51:51 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>By the way Pink Freak, no one cares about my posts

you got that right :-)

>
>ONLY you
>
>they are boring ... like collecting words of nothing

you said it.

>
>do you tape record your daily conversations so you have record of
>everything that everyone ever said?
>
>BORING ....

haha, actually, i think you are pissed because you can't delete your
posts like you want to. me and a few others copy and paste them so
people can see how moronic you are for all time. even your children
when they are old enough to look you up here gary cebota. (sp?)

>
>on the other hand Pink ...
>
>People do care about your ebay record
>
>You see they want to know your history before they do business with you
>
>No one wants to get burned

yeah, everyone is worried about me burning them. i have been in
pinball all my life, have many pinball buddies all over the world that
are collectors, sellers, players, or techies, i go expo and other
major shows every year, i run a local pinball league with over 50
members. gee, i think people are shaking in their boots to deal with
me. you really scared them off there gary cebota. do a google search
and see how many people have ever bitched about a deal ever going sour
with me. dig deep dumbass.

get a life already, your fighting a battle you can't win :-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)


>
>gary
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 1:02:06 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Mark Guidarelli wrote:
> For Sale (before they goto eBay):
>
> NOS main Whitewater playfield (dimpled, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
> upper playfield
> NOS main Shadow playfield (dimple, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
> battlefield
>
> many, many people have been asking to buy these from me over the years. I
> will only sell the main and upper playfields as a set. Prices are:
> Whitewater pair $2500, Shadow pair $1500, email with questions. I'm not
> interested in trades or negotiating prices, I am more than happy to keep
> them. email me at guido AT grumpy-cat DOT com

Your prices are simply crazy. $2500 for NOS White Water playfields?
Sure you can ask what ever you want to but what's do you think a White
Water is worth with NOS playfields in it? Wait, don't answer, I'm sure
it's way more than most here think.

Just whan I think NOS playfields have reached an all time high somebody
comes in asking even higher prices. I'm not saying people shouldn't
make a profit but all I see this as is greed. What good does it do
anybody for you to keep the playfields in a closet or on the wall? It
seems to many collectors these days just hord parts to sell them later
in hopes of retiring on all the profits.

Sorry to rant and I'm sure your a nice guy (even if Pinlicious says it)
but this is just how I see it.

Rich W
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 1:08:19 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

>People do care about your ebay record
>You see they want to know your history before they do business with you
>No one wants to get burned

You are the only one who cares
You have no idea who Koz really is.
You are a fool and have no idea what you are talking about.
Stop before you get further behind.

Kirb
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:11:42 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Shadow is only worth 1100 complete. Seems a Nos playfield is worth
more than the whole pin. White water has been selling around me for
around 1500. Don't think you can sell the seats for more than the car.
:p 
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:15:36 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

rwiski@advantexmail.net wrote:

> Your prices are simply crazy. $2500 for NOS White Water playfields?
> Sure you can ask what ever you want to but what's do you think a White
> Water is worth with NOS playfields in it? Wait, don't answer, I'm sure
> it's way more than most here think.

Rich,

Honestly, how is this different than anything else that is collectible?
Ever check out a price of a '65 Mustang that is restored? My former
boss payed 23k for a fully restored 66 Mustang convertible and this was
7 years ago.

Take a hard look at any muscle car built between 66-71, espically
Superbirds and Boss Mustangs. The majority of these cars bring 20k+
fully restored. My god if you have a Superbird or Cobra jet you are
reaching 100k -- for a car that cost 5k new.

So what is the difference? Nothing. It's a hobby. Prices are higher
when there is more demand. While I do not like the high prices for
parts, if someone wants to ask $X for their goods, it's their right.

I view my collection the same way. (e.g. Want my Addams Family? Then
it's 6k. That is what it would take for my to let it go.)

bob
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:23:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

First off, these are not 'rejects' I hand selected them myself from all of
the one in inventory. Secondly ask anyone who has bought a playfield from
me about the condition. Koz got an AFM from years ago (for WAY too cheap I
might add) Tim H got the Whitewater playfield he used in his restoration
from me and he was very happy with it.
<gpctv02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1121624759.763648.13710@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> One other thing:
>
> No one every says this, but a lot of the "NOS playfields" are actually
> playfields that were not good enough originally to be put in machines
>
> REJECTS ....
>
> I have purchased 3 NOS fields this year and all of them had some pretty
> serious problems
>
> It wasn't like WMS took their best fields and left them out of machines
>
> When a machine was on location and the field went south, 99.999% of the
> time, the machine just stayed that way. It wasn't like WMS was pushing
> playfield exchanges
>
> It isn't going to be that difficult for Wayne to exceed the quality of
> these "NOS fields"
>
> Gary
>
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:23:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:23:52 GMT, "Mark Guidarelli"
<guido@grumpy-cat.com> wrote:

>First off, these are not 'rejects' I hand selected them myself from all of
>the one in inventory. Secondly ask anyone who has bought a playfield from
>me about the condition.

i believe mark when he says this. every playfield i ever got off him
had no issues whatsoever. he is a stand up guy and can be trusted.

Koz got an AFM from years ago (for WAY too cheap I
>might add)

guilty as charged :-)
(but i believe what i paid WAS market value at the time ;-)

ignore gary cebota, he is full of hot air, trolls, and just likes to
stir the pot.

if you are thinking about buying nos playfields, mark is an excellent
choice to do business with :-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)


Tim H got the Whitewater playfield he used in his restoration
>from me and he was very happy with it.



><gpctv02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:1121624759.763648.13710@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> One other thing:
>>
>> No one every says this, but a lot of the "NOS playfields" are actually
>> playfields that were not good enough originally to be put in machines
>>
>> REJECTS ....
>>
>> I have purchased 3 NOS fields this year and all of them had some pretty
>> serious problems
>>
>> It wasn't like WMS took their best fields and left them out of machines
>>
>> When a machine was on location and the field went south, 99.999% of the
>> time, the machine just stayed that way. It wasn't like WMS was pushing
>> playfield exchanges
>>
>> It isn't going to be that difficult for Wayne to exceed the quality of
>> these "NOS fields"
>>
>> Gary
>>
>
July 18, 2005 3:57:47 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:23:52 GMT, "Mark Guidarelli"
<guido@grumpy-cat.com> wrote:

>First off, these are not 'rejects' I hand selected them myself from all of
>the one in inventory. Secondly ask anyone who has bought a playfield from
>me about the condition. Koz got an AFM from years ago (for WAY too cheap I
>might add) Tim H got the Whitewater playfield he used in his restoration
>from me and he was very happy with it.

I saw Tim's WW pf and it was/is way sweet!
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:12:24 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

On 17 Jul 2005 21:02:06 -0700, rwiski@advantexmail.net wrote:

>
>
>Mark Guidarelli wrote:
>> For Sale (before they goto eBay):
>>
>> NOS main Whitewater playfield (dimpled, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
>> upper playfield
>> NOS main Shadow playfield (dimple, without T-nuts) and NOS complete
>> battlefield
>>
>> many, many people have been asking to buy these from me over the years. I
>> will only sell the main and upper playfields as a set. Prices are:
>> Whitewater pair $2500, Shadow pair $1500, email with questions. I'm not
>> interested in trades or negotiating prices, I am more than happy to keep
>> them. email me at guido AT grumpy-cat DOT com
>
>Your prices are simply crazy. $2500 for NOS White Water playfields?
>Sure you can ask what ever you want to but what's do you think a White
>Water is worth with NOS playfields in it? Wait, don't answer, I'm sure
>it's way more than most here think.
>
>Just whan I think NOS playfields have reached an all time high somebody
>comes in asking even higher prices. I'm not saying people shouldn't
>make a profit but all I see this as is greed. What good does it do
>anybody for you to keep the playfields in a closet or on the wall? It
>seems to many collectors these days just hord parts to sell them later
>in hopes of retiring on all the profits.
>
>Sorry to rant and I'm sure your a nice guy (even if Pinlicious says it)
>but this is just how I see it.
>
>Rich W

well, reguardless, i had 2 people who asked me directly if mark was a
stand up guy to purchase these fields. it is safe to assume there is a
line of people waiting to get their hands on these at the asked
prices, if they aren't sold already.

to tell you the truth, with this much interest, he probably sold the
too cheap. ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:17:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I believe he wasn't calling your merchandise
'rejects', but just stating that many out there
for sale ARE second class pieces.

That is rather common knowledge for those
of us that have been doing this for awhile, and
it doesn't hurt to offer the info from time to time.

--
Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
******************



"Mark Guidarelli" <guido@grumpy-cat.com> wrote

> First off, these are not 'rejects' I hand selected them myself from all of
> the one in inventory. Secondly ask anyone who has bought a playfield from
> me about the condition. Koz got an AFM from years ago (for WAY too cheap I
> might add) Tim H got the Whitewater playfield he used in his restoration
> from me and he was very happy with it.

> <gpctv02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1121624759.763648.13710@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > One other thing:
> >
> > No one every says this, but a lot of the "NOS playfields" are actually
> > playfields that were not good enough originally to be put in machines
> >
>
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 7:49:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

On Mon, 18 Jul, Nwojedi wrote:
> Shadow is only worth 1100 complete. Seems a Nos playfield is worth
> more than the whole pin. White water has been selling around me for
> around 1500. Don't think you can sell the seats for more than the car.

Shadow might be worth $1100 complete, but that's with the guarantee of bad
playfield wear in one major spot. Like pretty much every single one of
them.

Shadow with an NOS cleared playfield and protectors for the bad spot?
Worth WAY more than $1100. WAY MORE.


--Donnie

--
Donnie Barnes http://www.donniebarnes.com 879. V.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 11:45:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Donnie Barnes wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul, Nwojedi wrote:
> > Shadow is only worth 1100 complete. Seems a Nos playfield is worth
> > more than the whole pin. White water has been selling around me for
> > around 1500. Don't think you can sell the seats for more than the car.
>
> Shadow might be worth $1100 complete, but that's with the guarantee of bad
> playfield wear in one major spot. Like pretty much every single one of
> them.
>
> Shadow with an NOS cleared playfield and protectors for the bad spot?
> Worth WAY more than $1100. WAY MORE.
> Donnie Barnes http://www.donniebarnes.com 879. V.

I had three offers between $2500-3000 at Pinball Expo last year for my
Shadow. I really like the game, so I had no problem turning them down.
It has an NOS playfield installed, repro plastics and new ramps, head
decals, in other words a nice game. People will pay a fair amount of
coin for a game they want in decent shape. They become even more
insistent when you tell them it is not for sale.

Brian Bannon
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 4:01:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I realize this is a hobby, and it goes with the territory with anything
that's collectable not just cars. I know how this hobby works and how
much parts go for. I've been reading and posting on this group for
years, Google if you care how long.

The point is that $2500 is way too much to ask for both White Water
playfields and $6000 for a Addams Family is just insane;-) I know your
thinking...if somebody is willing to pay $2500 then that's the going
rate..blah blah blah. But what I'm saying is plain and simple "GREED".
Just pure and simple Greed and it doesn't help this hobby one bit.

Sorry if this offends anyone, I'm just feeling a little pissy today.

Rich Wiski
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 4:20:05 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Not that I want to piss on you Rick, ;-) but let's look at my TAF
that I sold for $6000.00. (Not sure if that's the one you're talking
about.) Paid $2500.00 for the game and put roughly $2000.00 worth of
parts into it including cleared IPB playfield. Roughly 120 hours went
into the restoration. That works out to about $12.50 an hour. Yeah,
that's called greed. I made a killing on that one. ;-)

Sold it to a local collector who was happy as could be that I was
willing to sell it. Happy seller, happy buyer. What's wrong with
that? It's not my problem if every TAF owner now thinks theirs is
worth $6000.00.

People have to realize, there's a market out there for true "collector"
quality pins. Just ask Chris Hutchins or Allen Shope or Chad Keller
or.........

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)


rwi...@advantexmail.net wrote:
> I realize this is a hobby, and it goes with the territory with anything
> that's collectable not just cars. I know how this hobby works and how
> much parts go for. I've been reading and posting on this group for
> years, Google if you care how long.
>
> The point is that $2500 is way too much to ask for both White Water
> playfields and $6000 for a Addams Family is just insane;-) I know your
> thinking...if somebody is willing to pay $2500 then that's the going
> rate..blah blah blah. But what I'm saying is plain and simple "GREED".
> Just pure and simple Greed and it doesn't help this hobby one bit.
>
> Sorry if this offends anyone, I'm just feeling a little pissy today.
>
> Rich Wiski
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:01:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

But if you actually wanted to sell it. (meaning you take the time to
place an add because you want to get rid of it). then you price it, in
a range that someone would actually buy it. Those mustangs didn't have
$44000 seats in them either. Like i said. A nice shadow (fully
working machine sells for 1100). so how in the hell could anyone get
more for just the playfield, than you could just buy a whole new
machine.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 3:11:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

That's Rich to you buddy! lol

So you put 2 K of parts into your TAF? Damn that's a lot of mony for
parts, I'm sure your playfield was a big chunk of that. You really have
to have faith that you will get back your money.

As far as your time spent, I usually don't consider that when I sell a
machine. It's a love for pinball and the gratification of adding
another restored pinball machine into the world;-). No really I enjoy
working on them. However I don't do this for a living.

Yes I agree there is a market for TRUE collector pins but how many
people out there can REALLY do a restoration as good as you can? I
wouldn't call someone who meticuslously restores a pinball machine to
look better than it was new and has a real passion for pinball Greedy.
Maybe crazy but not greedy.

I wasn't talking about your TAF but In any case I still think six
thousand dollars is way too much money for a collector TAF. That's alot
of house payments, but I guess 6K isn't much money for some. I know I
sound cheap to some here but that's just the way I feel.

BTW My subject was about greedy parts horders.

Rich Wiski
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 4:00:58 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Sorry about the Rick, Rich. :-)

Thanks for understanding my "crazy" side of this hobby. I don't do
what I do to make money. I do what I do because I love it. What I've
done is run into pins that I want more then what I have now. I've only
got room for 10, so if I buy one, one's got to go.

I do sell for a profit but only to fund the next purchase, which I
usually spend a pretty penny for.

That's what's so great about this hobby, there's room for everyone.
NIB, HUO, POS, minty fresh pins, there's something out there for all of
us.

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)




rwiski@advantexmail.net wrote:
> That's Rich to you buddy! lol
>
> So you put 2 K of parts into your TAF? Damn that's a lot of mony for
> parts, I'm sure your playfield was a big chunk of that. You really have
> to have faith that you will get back your money.
>
> As far as your time spent, I usually don't consider that when I sell a
> machine. It's a love for pinball and the gratification of adding
> another restored pinball machine into the world;-). No really I enjoy
> working on them. However I don't do this for a living.
>
> Yes I agree there is a market for TRUE collector pins but how many
> people out there can REALLY do a restoration as good as you can? I
> wouldn't call someone who meticuslously restores a pinball machine to
> look better than it was new and has a real passion for pinball Greedy.
> Maybe crazy but not greedy.
>
> I wasn't talking about your TAF but In any case I still think six
> thousand dollars is way too much money for a collector TAF. That's alot
> of house payments, but I guess 6K isn't much money for some. I know I
> sound cheap to some here but that's just the way I feel.
>
> BTW My subject was about greedy parts horders.
>
> Rich Wiski
!