Ian

I have just noticed by going into user accounts in control panel that there
is a limited account in there I knew nothing about. It is called "ASP. Net
Machine account"

I've no idea how it got there. Is it safe to delete it? It doesn't appear
on my log in screen.

Thanks in anticipation

Ian

Gordon

Ian wrote:
> I have just noticed by going into user accounts in control panel that there
> is a limited account in there I knew nothing about. It is called "ASP. Net
> Machine account"
>
> I've no idea how it got there. Is it safe to delete it? It doesn't appear
> on my log in screen.
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Ian

It was put there when you downloaded and installed the .NET framework
through Windows Update. If you are using or will use applications that
need .Net, leave it: if not then delete the .NET framwork from
Add/Remove programs.

Ian

Thanks Gordon

much appreciated

Ian

"Gordon" <gordon@gbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> Ian wrote:
>> I have just noticed by going into user accounts in control panel that
>> there is a limited account in there I knew nothing about. It is called
>> "ASP. Net Machine account"
>>
>> I've no idea how it got there. Is it safe to delete it? It doesn't
>> appear on my log in screen.
>>
>> Thanks in anticipation
>>
>> Ian
>
> It was put there when you downloaded and installed the .NET framework
> through Windows Update. If you are using or will use applications that
> need .Net, leave it: if not then delete the .NET framwork from Add/Remove
> programs.

TRENDING THREADS