Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Find me a laptop!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 9, 2010 7:08:31 PM

Hi guys! Looking for a laptop within these parameters.

My budget is $400 - $600.

Size = smaller or "cuter" the better.

Screen rez is unimportant.

Batt life = the > the better!

Use is limited to MS office apps, browser apps (facebook. . . stuff), iTunes. . . nothing intense, or really interesting for that matter. .

hdd = bigger is better.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 1 cosmological decade from now.

Optical drive need be read dvd only.

I live in the U.S.A.

I've been reading these forums for about a year now and this is the first time I've posted anything. Thanks for all the help u posters have given!

More about : find laptop

Best solution

March 9, 2010 7:49:03 PM

Asus eee are very nice but they don't have the optical drive. You can read user reviews on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias...

The Asus UL series are very nice. Some have optical drives, some don't. The "jt" is rumored to be out in a few weeks. It's out of your price range BUT when it comes out, the ones out now will surely drop in price. Wait a few weeks and see!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias...
March 9, 2010 7:53:08 PM

Whoops. Forgot to point out the UBER battery life on the Asus laptops. Up to 12 hours is hard to beat!
Related resources
March 9, 2010 8:27:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check them out and post what I find!
March 9, 2010 8:29:59 PM

If you imperatively need an optical drive (which is not that important these days using magiciso) you should look for any of the midsize laptop companies has to offer (such as a dell Inspiron 14 or 15, or any equivalent in other companies...)
But if you really need a huge battery, opt for an eee, and learn to mount .iso
March 9, 2010 9:03:43 PM

Best answer selected by Theredone.
March 9, 2010 10:37:00 PM

Good choice, with Asus, you pay a little more, but you get quality for the price!
!