HP Deskjet leaking ink everywhere but on the paper

silvernova0

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
So the title explains it really, the printer still prints to paper GREAT, like all the test pages and everything look great, I took out the black ink cartridge and it appeared to be completely fine, but there is a build up of a ton of excess ink on the bottom of the printer that has just poured out quite a bit, any clue what I should look for next to try to find the issue?

Solution
G

I HAVE FOUND EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM JUST RECENTLY ON A 6 YEAR OLD HP 812C. IT WAS STLL PRINTING EVERYTHING WITH NO PROBLEM BUT THERE IS A WET STICKY MESS OF BLACK INK IN THE WELL BELOW THE CARTRIDGE PARKING PLACE AND THAT HAD STARTED TO LEAK OUT OF THE BOTTOM OF THE PRINTER.
CAN ONE CLEAN IT UP AND REPLACE THE WASTE INK PADS OR IS THE ONLY ANSWER TO JUNK IT. COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING ON THE HP WEBSITE BUT THAT IS PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NO LONGER SELLING THAT MODEL.

silvernova0

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Sounds like that is probably it, printer is about 4-6years old, couldn't get an exact number, and was just told by another employee that hers is doing it too, but not actually leaking out of the printer, just has the bottom inside the printer with tons of ink

G

I HAVE FOUND EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM JUST RECENTLY ON A 6 YEAR OLD HP 812C. IT WAS STLL PRINTING EVERYTHING WITH NO PROBLEM BUT THERE IS A WET STICKY MESS OF BLACK INK IN THE WELL BELOW THE CARTRIDGE PARKING PLACE AND THAT HAD STARTED TO LEAK OUT OF THE BOTTOM OF THE PRINTER.
CAN ONE CLEAN IT UP AND REPLACE THE WASTE INK PADS OR IS THE ONLY ANSWER TO JUNK IT. COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING ON THE HP WEBSITE BUT THAT IS PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NO LONGER SELLING THAT MODEL.

Solution