Solved

Hp printer drivers for windows 7

I am looking for assistance for my daughter on an older HP Printer model HP630C with paralle port
only and has been running on Windows XP 32 bit for years. She now has a new HP Windows 7 laptop running 64 bit and printer won't work. Is there a Windows 7 64 bit or Windows XP 64 bit driver somewhere for this printer?
Any assistance would be appreciated and thanks so much.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about printer drivers windows
  1. Best answer
    HP didn't create any driver after xp. Time to get a new printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=58239
  2. rgd1101 said:
    HP didn't create any driver after xp. Time to get a new printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=58239

That's not so nice to hear as the printer is in very good shape, works very good and is used by daughter
    who is student in college.

Thanks.
  3. Aside from the driver issue, what laptop do you have that has a parallel port? You probably can't even connect the printer without an adapter.
  4. charles18 said:
    I am looking for assistance for my daughter on an older HP Printer model HP630C with paralle port
    only and has been running on Windows XP 32 bit for years. She now has a new HP Windows 7 laptop running 64 bit and printer won't work. Is there a Windows 7 64 bit or Windows XP 64 bit driver somewhere for this printer?
    Any assistance would be appreciated and thanks so much.

Thanks everyone for your replies on my question.
    I never looked at the New Laptop as daughter has
    it at school and you are probably correct, it would
    probably not have a parallel port/ HP Printer is old
    and does not have a USB port.

Is there a way to convert or cable or something that
    can connect the USP printer port on the Laptop so that
    it can be connected to the printer parallel port?

Again thanks?
  5. hang-the-9 said:

Thanks for your information. Will check that option out.
  6. charles18 said:
    Thanks for your information. Will check that option out.

As a note to those things, I have seen cases where the computer does not boot if the converter is plugged in when you turn the PC one. If that happens with the one you get, just unplug it, turn on the computer, plug it back in.
  7. Best answer selected by charles18.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 Windows XP Product HP Printers