"Locations" field not showing domain.

When I try to add a user to a group, I can only see the local machine
when selecting the "locations" button. The machine is a member of the
domain. I am logging in as a domain user with admin prives, the DNS
server being pointed to is my domain controller. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Jim

Malke

jtpryan@gmail.com wrote:

> When I try to add a user to a group, I can only see the local machine
> when selecting the "locations" button. The machine is a member of the
> domain. I am logging in as a domain user with admin prives, the DNS
> server being pointed to is my domain controller. Any suggestions?
>

> Thank you,
> Jim

Does the domain administrator also have administrator rights on the
local machine?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Malke,

Thanks for the reply. In the case of my own machine, yes. However,
lets say I go to another machine and try to add a domain user to the
admin group. I can't do this because I can't "see" the domain.

-Jim

TRENDING THREADS