Is windows 7 OS Home premium comes with inbuilt Antivirus from windows

I don't think it comes with one but you certianly can get a free anti-virus program.
Avast , AVG and Mse are just a few that you can download for free and will work well. There are also ones that you pay for and with a rebate can actually end up noy coposting anything but you have to look for those opportunities.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

No version of Windows 7 comes with any type on anti-virus program installed (as part of Windows 7). As the others have suggested, there are several free and effective options available. Microsoft Security Essentials (as suggested by rgd1101) is an excellent choice that integrates well with Windows Update to keep it current along with Windows 7. It is also efficient and effective.

@COLGeek, incorrect W7 does come with the odler Windows Defender as part of the core OS and is enabled, although most people will install the free versions from AVG, Avast, Avira or Microsoft Security Essentials.

Personally, they may be good, but shell out a few ££ and get a lifetime licence for GFI's Vipre Internet Security.

Hi :)

I do so love people who put on free anti virus programs...we had two today alone in my shops with AVG >>AND<< Viruses.....

We make a LOT of money removing them.... one of the machines had AVG 2012 AND Zlob.... which is a VERY VERY old virus, and AVG couldn't even detect or remove it...

Put some PAID av on...preferably Norton 2013...

All the best Brett :)

I'm not one to promote free anti-virus and for the most part do people really expect a high level of protection from something that is free. If your putting free virus protection on your computer then you pretty much can't aford to pay for it and I wouldn't put anyhthing of a personal nature on that computer.
If you are putting personal info and financial info then you should be paying for protection and not relying on free protection. I can understand where some people can't aford a lot and are looking for free software so be aware of the consequences and the old saying holds true.

"You get what you pay (or don't pay) for "

Hi :)

Oh I agree with what you said, but its a false saving...

Those two machines with Viruses (and AVG) are about to pay me £159.99 (each) for us to remove the viruses and install NIS 2013 afterwards to protect them in the future...

If someone MUST use free, then use MSE , as its the best of a bad bunch...(at least it could find and remove Zlob , lol)

All the best Brett :)

MSE is good and seem to keep getting better with each new version. With what Microsoft offers I really do not see the need to pay for a AV solution anymore. MSE will do what you need from a Anit-Virus solution and it integrates into Windows great.

I get the Norton Suite free from Comcast, my internet provider. I don't use it on my personal machine, because I prefer Webroot's Spysweeper with Anti-Virus, a paid for program.

Nail down which you want to use. Some of the bigger issues these days is your internet browser being hijacked to a different homepage and a different default search (Babylon for ex.).