How to change the 'Shortcut to' part of a new shortcut name

August 26, 2005 11:18:41 AM

Hi, Everyone!

Everytime I make a shortcut it has a name like 'Shortcut to' and then a
file name. Could anyone tell me how to change the 'Shortcut to' part of
the label on something else?

Thank You Very Much.

Truly Yours, Simon Dexter
August 26, 2005 11:42:59 AM

simondex@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi, Everyone!
>
> Everytime I make a shortcut it has a name like 'Shortcut to' and then
> a file name. Could anyone tell me how to change the 'Shortcut to' part
> of the label on something else?
>
> Thank You Very Much.
>
> Truly Yours, Simon Dexter

Right-click on the new icon and then choose "Rename". Name the icon to
whatever you want. If you would like to prevent new shortcut icons from
having the "Shortcut to" designation and/or the arrow, use TweakUI.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Just right click on the icon and then click rename, then you can change the
name.

-Ryan

"simondex@yahoo.com" wrote:

> Hi, Everyone!
>
> Everytime I make a shortcut it has a name like 'Shortcut to' and then a
> file name. Could anyone tell me how to change the 'Shortcut to' part of
> the label on something else?
>
> Thank You Very Much.
>
> Truly Yours, Simon Dexter

August 26, 2005 6:46:36 PM

simondex@yahoo.com wrote:

> Everytime I make a shortcut it has a name like 'Shortcut to' and then
> a file name. Could anyone tell me how to change the 'Shortcut to' part
> of the label on something else?

You may want to get entirely rid of that part. Install TweakUI:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

TweakUI > Explorer > Settings > Prefix "Shortcut to" on new shortcuts >
untick > Apply > OK.

--
d-d
Anonymous

Rename 3 shortcuts after making them. It will no longer prefix shortcut to.

!