How to change the 'Shortcut to' part of a new shortcut name

Hi, Everyone!

Everytime I make a shortcut it has a name like 'Shortcut to' and then a
file name. Could anyone tell me how to change the 'Shortcut to' part of
the label on something else?

Thank You Very Much.

Truly Yours, Simon Dexter

Malke

simondex@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi, Everyone!
>
> Everytime I make a shortcut it has a name like 'Shortcut to' and then
> a file name. Could anyone tell me how to change the 'Shortcut to' part
> of the label on something else?
>
> Thank You Very Much.
>
> Truly Yours, Simon Dexter

Right-click on the new icon and then choose "Rename". Name the icon to
whatever you want. If you would like to prevent new shortcut icons from
having the "Shortcut to" designation and/or the arrow, use TweakUI.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Ryan

Just right click on the icon and then click rename, then you can change the
name.

-Ryan

simondex@yahoo.com wrote:

> Everytime I make a shortcut it has a name like 'Shortcut to' and then
> a file name. Could anyone tell me how to change the 'Shortcut to' part
> of the label on something else?

You may want to get entirely rid of that part. Install TweakUI:

TweakUI > Explorer > Settings > Prefix "Shortcut to" on new shortcuts >
untick > Apply > OK.

--
d-d

Rename 3 shortcuts after making them. It will no longer prefix shortcut to.

<simondex@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1125065921.813056.166920@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi, Everyone!
>
> Everytime I make a shortcut it has a name like 'Shortcut to' and then a
> file name. Could anyone tell me how to change the 'Shortcut to' part of
> the label on something else?
>
> Thank You Very Much.
>
> Truly Yours, Simon Dexter

TRENDING THREADS