Sign in with
Your question
Closed

My computer wont boot from DVD

Last response: in Windows 7
November 7, 2012 1:30:11 PM

so I built my new pc . I checked the boot order. I downloaded windows 7 (not genuine) and i burned it on a DVD (memorex) but when I try to boot , it goes straight to bios . No press any key message. :cry: 

More about : computer wont boot dvd

November 7, 2012 1:43:03 PM

I would watch the talk about piracy. They will shut down the thread due to that.

Is this the first time you have booted the computer? How do you know the drive is working at all?

Ensure the drive is hooked up the correct way.

also, what is your specs?
Score
November 7, 2012 1:48:16 PM

specs : i7 3820
Motherboard : intel DX79TO
GPU : gtx 670
and its not the first time , probably 15th time
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
November 7, 2012 1:52:17 PM

How are we supposed to help you if we don't know what you are working with. You downloaded a pirated(possibly virus laden) OS that nobody really knows what's on it, and then ask for help?

Buy a Genuine legal copy, and then if you have issues come back and ask for help.
a b $ Windows 7
November 7, 2012 1:53:22 PM

if your windows 7 download is not genuine, it probably is the problem. Get a genuine one then come here for help.
Score
November 7, 2012 1:57:15 PM

Best answer selected by baghaliman.
Score
November 7, 2012 2:00:09 PM

baghaliman said:
so I built my new pc . I checked the boot order. I downloaded windows 7 (not genuine) and i burned it on a DVD (memorex) but when I try to boot , it goes straight to bios . No press any key message. :cry: 

Step 1. Buy a legitimate copy of Windows.
Step 2. If you have problems, post them in a new thread because this one will be locked soon.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
November 7, 2012 2:08:58 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
a b $ Windows 7
November 7, 2012 2:09:49 PM

Best answer selected by Mousemonkey.
Score
!