How to change drive name in Windows Explorer

I ditched my Zip drive 2 or 3 years ago yet no matter what I have as drive
E: Windows Explorer still identifies it as Zip 100. How can I get it to
recognize that device (currently a Samsung CD drive) as what it is? Device
manager identifies it correctly.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about change drive windows explorer

    Lee, go back into Device Manager>View>Show Hidden Devices. If it shows
    up then uninstall it. If not, try going to
    Start>Run type: regedit click Ok Navigate to
    Hkey_Local_Machine>System>Current Control Set>Enum>IDE
    If it shows up there delete that specific folder or key.
    "Lee M." <lmacmil@forget_it.com> wrote in message
    >I ditched my Zip drive 2 or 3 years ago yet no matter what I have as drive
    >E: Windows Explorer still identifies it as Zip 100. How can I get it to
    >recognize that device (currently a Samsung CD drive) as what it is? Device
    >manager identifies it correctly.
    >
    > Thanks.

Windows Explorer Windows XP