Dban and windows 7 re-install on ssd

itialianpasta

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
1090t black series x6
ordered 2x 7870s (currently 1x 6950)
1x 1tb hdd (more on this later)
2x4g corsair vengeance 1600
asus m4a89gtd/ usb3 (with secondary operating system)

This is my first build, and although I built it almost a year ago, I have much to learn. When I was installing windows initially, I was using 2x 1tb hdds in raid 0. however, the installation failed multiple times, and since I had little experience with computers, I decided to forget about it. About 7 months ago, I sold my exra hdd to my friend, and found that it was not recognized as the "clean slate" I thought it was. We dban'd it, and all was good. I now have a 128gb ssd that i want to install (and my computer has been prone to freezing lately) so I now want to dban the current hdd and install windows to my ssd. Here is the catch, I no longer have my windows 7 cd. I still have the product keys, activation keys, etc. I talked to microsoft support and got the official .iso image. I burned both dban and windows to separate disks, and tried to boot to them. It says to insert proper media to boot from and to press any key, but fails to ever recognize the cd's. Microsoft also e-mailed me links to the files or something. My question is how to get my computer to boot from the disks, and how i can install windows if the disc is corrupted or fails to work. I appreciate your support and want to thank you for your help.

***UPDATE***
Dban now works!

In the bios have you selected the sata mode as AHCI or did you leave it in raid ?
Once you deleted the raid array did you changs that sata mode ? Did you load Windows onto the single hard drive after the raid was deleted ?
If your trying to load what's on the cd then the cd rom has to be listed as the first boot device.
If the hard drive still has Windows on it you can load into Windows an create a system image on the SSD and use that for the boot option.

itialianpasta

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

Yes i installed windows to the single hdd successfully. Ill have to double check about the AHCI mode when i get home from school.
Even when the boot order is set, it just skips CD and goes to the hdd. I disabled all other boot options, and that is when i got the message that tells me to insert a bootable devise.

itialianpasta

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

I see the iso file. I drug the iso image onto the cd and burned it.

itialianpasta

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
UPDATE*
I got dban to work again. Im not sure what I did wrong with the first disc, but apparently it is working fine now. Hopefully in 22 hours (jesus christ!) it will be finished. Should i start a new thread once i get to my windows problems (because i know i will), or should i just keep posting here? Thanks again guys

itialianpasta

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

Yeah, figured that out once I went to burn a new disc.