I have recently started getting an annoying popup window appearing asking if
I want to turn on autocomplete. I have been using XP for about two years
and this has just started.

How do I get rid of it as I keep clicking on NO, and shouting at the
computer at same time, but there is no option like "do not ask me this
again" to check?

Robert

Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete.
Then remove all checkmarks and click OK.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Axel" wrote:

| I have recently started getting an annoying popup window appearing asking if
| I want to turn on autocomplete. I have been using XP for about two years
| and this has just started.
|
| How do I get rid of it as I keep clicking on NO, and shouting at the
| computer at same time, but there is no option like "do not ask me this
| again" to check?
|
| Robert

Jim

"Axel" <beatspam@nospam.net> wrote in message
>I have recently started getting an annoying popup window appearing asking
>if I want to turn on autocomplete. I have been using XP for about two
>years and this has just started.
>
> How do I get rid of it as I keep clicking on NO, and shouting at the
> computer at same time, but there is no option like "do not ask me this
> again" to check?
Don't you feel a little silly shouting a machine?
Jim

> Robert

Hi,
Try the registry edit at

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Axel" <beatspam[at]nospam.net> wrote in message
> I have recently started getting an annoying popup window appearing asking
if
> I want to turn on autocomplete. I have been using XP for about two years
> and this has just started.
>
> How do I get rid of it as I keep clicking on NO, and shouting at the
> computer at same time, but there is no option like "do not ask me this
> again" to check?
>
> Robert

Carey,

Thanks for the suggestion, but there are no check marks.

Any other ideas?