Autocomplete Popup Window

I have recently started getting an annoying popup window appearing asking if
I want to turn on autocomplete. I have been using XP for about two years
and this has just started.

How do I get rid of it as I keep clicking on NO, and shouting at the
computer at same time, but there is no option like "do not ask me this
again" to check?

Robert
4 answers Last reply
More about autocomplete popup window

    Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
    Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete.
    Then remove all checkmarks and click OK.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Axel" <beatspam@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >I have recently started getting an annoying popup window appearing asking
    >if I want to turn on autocomplete. I have been using XP for about two
    >years and this has just started.
    >
    > How do I get rid of it as I keep clicking on NO, and shouting at the
    > computer at same time, but there is no option like "do not ask me this
    > again" to check?
    Don't you feel a little silly shouting a machine?
    Jim

    > Robert

    Hi,
    Try the registry edit at

    Don
    [MS MVP- IE/OE]

    "Axel" <beatspam[at]nospam.net> wrote in message
    > I have recently started getting an annoying popup window appearing asking
    if
    > I want to turn on autocomplete. I have been using XP for about two years
    > and this has just started.
    >
    > How do I get rid of it as I keep clicking on NO, and shouting at the
    > computer at same time, but there is no option like "do not ask me this
    > again" to check?
    >
    > Robert

    Carey,

    Thanks for the suggestion, but there are no check marks.

    Any other ideas?

    > Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
    > Tools > Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete.
    > Then remove all checkmarks and click OK.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Axel" wrote:
    >
    > | I have recently started getting an annoying popup window appearing
    > asking if
    > | I want to turn on autocomplete. I have been using XP for about two
    > years
    > | and this has just started.
    > |
    > | How do I get rid of it as I keep clicking on NO, and shouting at the
    > | computer at same time, but there is no option like "do not ask me this
    > | again" to check?
    > |
    > | Robert

Microsoft Windows XP