More about anti virus software firewall

    From: "DRTP" <DRTP@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | Dear All,
    |
    | I have a computer with Windows XP Home. But I seem to have an inordinant
    | amount of problems with viruses and pop ups despite having Norton Internet
    | Security installed.
    |
    | If you can recommend an anti-virus and firewall solution which in your
    | experience has been more robust at protecting your computers please let me
    | know.
    |
    | Thanks in advance.
    |
    | Regards,
    |
    | DRTP

    CA eTrust -
    http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - FREE for one year.
    { Free offer ends 8/1/05 }

    It is a full suite. Read all information at the web site.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    > From: "DRTP" <DRTP@discussions.microsoft.com>
    >
    > | Dear All,
    > |
    > | I have a computer with Windows XP Home. But I seem to have an
    > inordinant
    > | amount of problems with viruses and pop ups despite having Norton
    > Internet
    > | Security installed.
    > |
    > | If you can recommend an anti-virus and firewall solution which in your
    > | experience has been more robust at protecting your computers please let
    > me
    > | know.
    > |
    > | Thanks in advance.
    > |
    > | Regards,
    > |
    > | DRTP
    >
    > CA eTrust -
    > http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - FREE for one year.
    > { Free offer ends 8/1/05 }

    David, To quote your response to Bill Johnson in another post, "Duh !" It's
    8/26/05, so seeing that the free offer has already expired, why even mention
    it. :-)

    DRTP, Seriously though, there are many products out there, Norton, McAfee,
    Spybot, Adaware, etc.. some free, some not. Best practices has always been
    safe browsing. If you have to frequent sites that give you viruses or cause
    un-wanted pop-ups (for personal, addiction, whatever reasons), then you
    should probably use a system that you could easily re-image once the
    problems get too bad. I don't think that there's a single product that can
    claim 100% guaranteed protection.

    --
    Mike

    From: "Mike Brearley" <nospam@spam.com>

    | David, To quote your response to Bill Johnson in another post, "Duh !" It's
    | 8/26/05, so seeing that the free offer has already expired, why even mention
    | it. :-)
    |
    | DRTP, Seriously though, there are many products out there, Norton, McAfee,
    | Spybot, Adaware, etc.. some free, some not. Best practices has always been
    | safe browsing. If you have to frequent sites that give you viruses or cause
    | un-wanted pop-ups (for personal, addiction, whatever reasons), then you
    | should probably use a system that you could easily re-image once the
    | problems get too bad. I don't think that there's a single product that can
    | claim 100% guaranteed protection.
    |
    | --
    | Mike

    My apologies. Excuse me for my mistake in the lack of editing a saved response.
    CAI has extended the offer indefinitely. Originally it had expired 2/1/05. It was then
    extended 6 months to 8/1/05 and now indefinitely.

    http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm
    "Exclusive offer for Microsoft customers. Free 12-month software subscription to CA's eTrust
    EZ Antivirus. Valid for new users only. Limit 1 per household. Not to be combined with any
    other offer. Annual subscriptions can be renewed after first year at current renewal rate.
    Computer Associates reserves the right to retract this offer at any time. "

    --

    > My apologies. Excuse me for my mistake in the lack of editing a saved
    > response.
    > CAI has extended the offer indefinitely. Originally it had expired
    > 2/1/05. It was then
    > extended 6 months to 8/1/05 and now indefinitely.
    >
    > http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm
    > "Exclusive offer for Microsoft customers. Free 12-month software
    > subscription to CA's eTrust
    > EZ Antivirus. Valid for new users only. Limit 1 per household. Not to be
    > combined with any
    > other offer. Annual subscriptions can be renewed after first year at
    > current renewal rate.
    > Computer Associates reserves the right to retract this offer at any time.
    > "

    Not a problem... I meant my comment to be taken in good humor, not
    offensive (hence the little smiley guy). :-)

    --
    Mike

    Not saying that this will be good for everyone, but it is what I depend
    upon!

    1. ZoneAlarm Security Suite (latest version 6.0.631.003)
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

    2. PopUpCop
    http://www.popupcop.com/

    3. Ad-Aware SE Professional ver 1.06
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    4. SpyBot Search and Destroy 1.04

    5. Microsoft Anti Spyware beta ver 1.0.615
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    It has been so long since I have even seen a popup that I forget what they
    look like. I have not had a virus - SpyWare - Trojan infection (that caused
    me more than 2 minutes of scan time) in over a year.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner
    "If you knew as much as you think you know,

    "DRTP" <DRTP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I have a computer with Windows XP Home. But I seem to have an inordinant
    > amount of problems with viruses and pop ups despite having Norton Internet
    > Security installed.
    >
    > If you can recommend an anti-virus and firewall solution which in your
    > experience has been more robust at protecting your computers please let me
    > know.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > DRTP

    Hi,

    Thanks very much to all for your assistance. By the way no offence taken at
    all to the humorous responses.

    Once again thanks.

    Regards,

    DRTP

    "Richard Urban [MVP]" wrote:

    > Not saying that this will be good for everyone, but it is what I depend
    > upon!
    >
    > 1. ZoneAlarm Security Suite (latest version 6.0.631.003)
    > http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    >
    > 2. PopUpCop
    > http://www.popupcop.com/
    >
    > 3. Ad-Aware SE Professional ver 1.06
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >
    > 4. SpyBot Search and Destroy 1.04
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    >
    > 5. Microsoft Anti Spyware beta ver 1.0.615
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    >
    > It has been so long since I have even seen a popup that I forget what they
    > look like. I have not had a virus - SpyWare - Trojan infection (that caused
    > me more than 2 minutes of scan time) in over a year.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Quote from: George Ankner
    > "If you knew as much as you think you know,
    >
    > "DRTP" <DRTP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Dear All,
    > >
    > > I have a computer with Windows XP Home. But I seem to have an inordinant
    > > amount of problems with viruses and pop ups despite having Norton Internet
    > > Security installed.
    > >
    > > If you can recommend an anti-virus and firewall solution which in your
    > > experience has been more robust at protecting your computers please let me
    > > know.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > DRTP

    You might want to expand a little
    'viruses and popups'

    In article <#iM#B8nqFHA.4076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com says...
    > Not saying that this will be good for everyone, but it is what I depend
    > upon!
    >
    > 1. ZoneAlarm Security Suite (latest version 6.0.631.003)
    > http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    >
    > 2. PopUpCop
    > http://www.popupcop.com/
    >
    > 3. Ad-Aware SE Professional ver 1.06
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >
    > 4. SpyBot Search and Destroy 1.04
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    >
    > 5. Microsoft Anti Spyware beta ver 1.0.615
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    >
    > It has been so long since I have even seen a popup that I forget what they
    > look like. I have not had a virus - SpyWare - Trojan infection (that caused
    > me more than 2 minutes of scan time) in over a year.

    Richard - thanks for posting links to the vendors sites - unlike someone
    else that pirates their software for his own personal site and then
    gives the vendors no credit for it.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    I would never obtain software from anyone but the original vendor, and I
    certainly would not want anyone else to be taken in by a doctored version.

    I know who you are talking about! (-:

    You can't even browse his web site without an unidentified activex control
    wanting to be installed on your computer. Damned if I will allow that from
    the fellow in question.

    --

    > In article <#iM#B8nqFHA.4076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    > richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com says...
    >> Not saying that this will be good for everyone, but it is what I depend
    >> upon!
    >>
    >> 1. ZoneAlarm Security Suite (latest version 6.0.631.003)
    >> http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    >>
    >> 2. PopUpCop
    >> http://www.popupcop.com/
    >>
    >> 3. Ad-Aware SE Professional ver 1.06
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >>
    >> 4. SpyBot Search and Destroy 1.04
    >> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    >>
    >> 5. Microsoft Anti Spyware beta ver 1.0.615
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    >>
    >> It has been so long since I have even seen a popup that I forget what
    >> they
    >> look like. I have not had a virus - SpyWare - Trojan infection (that
    >> caused
    >> me more than 2 minutes of scan time) in over a year.
    >
    > Richard - thanks for posting links to the vendors sites - unlike someone
    > else that pirates their software for his own personal site and then
    > gives the vendors no credit for it.
    >
    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

    Stop defaming and harassing me.

    "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I would never obtain software from anyone but the original vendor, and I
    >certainly would not want anyone else to be taken in by a doctored version.
    >
    > I know who you are talking about! (-:
    >
    > You can't even browse his web site without an unidentified activex control
    > wanting to be installed on your computer. Damned if I will allow that from
    > the fellow in question.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Quote from: George Ankner
    > "If you knew as much as you think you know,
    >
    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >> In article <#iM#B8nqFHA.4076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    >> richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com says...
    >>> Not saying that this will be good for everyone, but it is what I depend
    >>> upon!
    >>>
    >>> 1. ZoneAlarm Security Suite (latest version 6.0.631.003)
    >>> http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    >>>
    >>> 2. PopUpCop
    >>> http://www.popupcop.com/
    >>>
    >>> 3. Ad-Aware SE Professional ver 1.06
    >>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >>>
    >>> 4. SpyBot Search and Destroy 1.04
    >>> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    >>>
    >>> 5. Microsoft Anti Spyware beta ver 1.0.615
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    >>>
    >>> It has been so long since I have even seen a popup that I forget what
    >>> they
    >>> look like. I have not had a virus - SpyWare - Trojan infection (that
    >>> caused
    >>> me more than 2 minutes of scan time) in over a year.
    >>
    >> Richard - thanks for posting links to the vendors sites - unlike someone
    >> else that pirates their software for his own personal site and then
    >> gives the vendors no credit for it.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> spam999free@rrohio.com
    >> remove 999 in order to email me

    That is neither defaming nor harassing, but very sound computer practice.

    I would NEVER download a program file , that is publicly available from the
    program developer, from an individual's own personal website.

    Don Burnette

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Stop defaming and harassing me.
    >

    > "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:Olp1kYpqFHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    >> I would never obtain software from anyone but the original vendor,
    >> and I certainly would not want anyone else to be taken in by a
    >> doctored version. I know who you are talking about! (-:
    >>
    >> You can't even browse his web site without an unidentified activex
    >> control wanting to be installed on your computer. Damned if I will
    >> allow that from the fellow in question.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Richard Urban
    >> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> Quote from: George Ankner
    >> "If you knew as much as you think you know,
    >> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
    >>
    >> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >>> In article <#iM#B8nqFHA.4076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    >>> richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com says...

    >>> Richard - thanks for posting links to the vendors sites - unlike
    >>> someone else that pirates their software for his own personal site
    >>> and then gives the vendors no credit for it.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> spam999free@rrohio.com
    >>> remove 999 in order to email me

    You don't like it, take your own advice to others. Don't read it. Or even
    better, GO AWAY.

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Stop defaming and harassing me.

    > "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:Olp1kYpqFHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    >>I would never obtain software from anyone but the original vendor, and I
    >>certainly would not want anyone else to be taken in by a doctored version.
    >>
    >> I know who you are talking about! (-:
    >>
    >> You can't even browse his web site without an unidentified activex
    >> control wanting to be installed on your computer. Damned if I will allow
    >> that from the fellow in question.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Richard Urban
    >> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> Quote from: George Ankner
    >> "If you knew as much as you think you know,
    >> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
    >>
    >> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >>> In article <#iM#B8nqFHA.4076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    >>> richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com says...

    >>> Richard - thanks for posting links to the vendors sites - unlike someone
    >>> else that pirates their software for his own personal site and then
    >>> gives the vendors no credit for it.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> spam999free@rrohio.com
    >>> remove 999 in order to email me

    Where did I mention your name? Do you fit in the general category of the
    un-named person?

    From: "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com>

    | Where did I mention your name? Do you fit in the general category of the
    | un-named person?
    |
    | --
    | Regards,
    |
    | Richard Urban
    | Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    You didn't Richard. I find it interesting that he jumped right into the fray. Sort of self
    incrimination.

    Fascinating !

    --

    In article <JrOPe.9002$A%1.8932@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > Stop defaming and harassing me.

    Defamation and harassing means that I would be pointing out an untruth
    and following you around. In your case, you posted the links to your
    site with unauthorised copies of files in a violation of the vendors
    distribution rules (which you ignored and are very clear on the vendors
    sites) and all I've done is mention it in threads that I'm involved
    with.

    If you stop doing unethical things and provide links to the VENDORS SITE
    instead of your own site (against the vendors rules) you would not have
    any issues.

    Since you've not been on the net very long, you should understand that
    anyone downloading files from unverified sources should strongly be
    warned about it - especially when those files are available directly
    from the vendors site.

    Stop filching files and not giving the vendor credit, stop posting links
    to your own site where you've violated the vendors download rules, and
    I'll stop bringing it up.

    Only an unethical person would continue to do that.

    Maybe you should consider this:

    Why are you bothering to download the files, copy them to your website,
    not provide a webpage showing the vendors information or their required
    information, when all you really need to do it create a small webpage
    with LINKS to the vendors sites where people can see that they are not
    getting a hacked version (not implying that you hacked their software)
    without any questions about it.

    I've seen many others post responses with the same vendors software in
    them, but they respect the community, respect the vendors rules, and
    they are links to the VENDORS SITES, not their personal sites.

    Truth, like it or not, is not defamation.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Your problem is that you refused to believe me. I don't care about you or
    what you think. The MVP's on the other hand posts with their real name and
    are easy to find for subpoenas. I can prove defamation and harassment
    because I have the proof about my site and my licenses and the vendors, and
    I don't have to show them to you. I also have proof that nobody's system has
    been ruined because they send me thank you notes. The MVP's on the other
    hand have to prove what they say but they can't. In order to prove
    defamation one has to prove that what was said is untrue, I have that proof.
    The harassment is easy because I am not talking to them but they respond to
    me.

    > In article <JrOPe.9002$A%1.8932@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >> Stop defaming and harassing me.
    >
    > Defamation and harassing means that I would be pointing out an untruth
    > and following you around. In your case, you posted the links to your
    > site with unauthorised copies of files in a violation of the vendors
    > distribution rules (which you ignored and are very clear on the vendors
    > sites) and all I've done is mention it in threads that I'm involved
    > with.
    >
    > If you stop doing unethical things and provide links to the VENDORS SITE
    > instead of your own site (against the vendors rules) you would not have
    > any issues.
    >
    > Since you've not been on the net very long, you should understand that
    > anyone downloading files from unverified sources should strongly be
    > warned about it - especially when those files are available directly
    > from the vendors site.
    >
    > Stop filching files and not giving the vendor credit, stop posting links
    > to your own site where you've violated the vendors download rules, and
    > I'll stop bringing it up.
    >
    > Only an unethical person would continue to do that.
    >
    > Maybe you should consider this:
    >
    > Why are you bothering to download the files, copy them to your website,
    > not provide a webpage showing the vendors information or their required
    > information, when all you really need to do it create a small webpage
    > with LINKS to the vendors sites where people can see that they are not
    > getting a hacked version (not implying that you hacked their software)
    > without any questions about it.
    >
    > I've seen many others post responses with the same vendors software in
    > them, but they respect the community, respect the vendors rules, and
    > they are links to the VENDORS SITES, not their personal sites.
    >
    > Truth, like it or not, is not defamation.
    >
    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

    We'll see about that.
    --
    ~PA Bear

    In article <2DPPe.9008$A%1.3812@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > Your problem is that you refused to believe me. I don't care about you or
    > what you think. The MVP's on the other hand posts with their real name and
    > are easy to find for subpoenas. I can prove defamation and harassment
    > because I have the proof about my site and my licenses and the vendors, and
    > I don't have to show them to you. I also have proof that nobody's system has
    > been ruined because they send me thank you notes. The MVP's on the other
    > hand have to prove what they say but they can't. In order to prove
    > defamation one has to prove that what was said is untrue, I have that proof.
    > The harassment is easy because I am not talking to them but they respond to
    > me.

    You can't prove jack - as nothing I've said is incorrect - I even posted
    the email from SBS&D where the seem to indicate they never gave you
    permission. They certainly didn't know about your site.

    If you have "Proof" that all of the vendors have provide you with
    permission, post it - the entire thing would have ended if you had
    posted it - I've asked more than once and you've ignored it, giving even
    more reason to believe you don't have it.

    List the vendors contact name/date of each vendor that specifically gave
    you permission to host the files against the published rules they list
    for mirrors on their own sites.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In article <NhQPe.223$sP7.0@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > Subject: Re: Anti-Virus Software and Firewall
    > From: pcbutts1 <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    >
    > Stop defaming and harassing me.

    No one is defaming you and we're only posting vendor links instead of
    the possibly hacked ones you post - notice I said possibly hacked as
    your site does not follow the vendors methods for being a mirror (and at
    least two vendors had never seen your site before).

    You want it to go away? Prove we're wrong - post the information about
    your authorization to host those files:

    Vendor Name:
    Vendor Contact Person:
    Date of permission:
    Method of mirroring files:

    Come on, now's your change to show that I, specifically, didn't
    understand what the vendors replied in their emails about you hosting
    their files - and about the mirror/hosting information requirements on
    their websites.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Here's how I address typical XP user security while the user is on the
    internet.
    SP2 from the git go.
    Setup a user logon for all those using the internet.
    Zone Alarm Pro for the firewall. It has a bug finder too.
    NAV 2004.
    Trend Micro AntiSpyware.
    AdSubtract Pro.
    Mailwasher Pro.
    Get all the windows updates subsequent to SP2, and install them as
    administrator.
    Deny usage of CD/burner hardware to suspect users via XP as administrator..

    I find it easier to start from a new install of XP, rather than contend with
    garbage that always doesn't get immediately detected and removed by
    afterthought software.

    Stay away from nude sites, gambling sites, lure sites etc, etc, etc.
    Entertainment should be local, not on the internet. Want to communicate,
    send an email. Stay away from any chat. Disable windows messenger from the
    git-go. Check with ctrl-alt-del to see if its running (msmsgs).
    If remote assistance is enabled, disable it.

    If you have suspect users, enable the system password in the bios setup.
    This will prevent booting of the hard drive until the password is entered.
    There's a backdoor to the default system administrator at windows boot time
    in Home Edition, and this requires no password.

    "DRTP" <DRTP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I have a computer with Windows XP Home. But I seem to have an inordinant
    > amount of problems with viruses and pop ups despite having Norton Internet
    > Security installed.
    >
    > If you can recommend an anti-virus and firewall solution which in your
    > experience has been more robust at protecting your computers please let me
    > know.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > DRTP
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hey Butt, why do you believe that it was you they are talking about? No
    names were mentioned.

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Stop defaming and harassing me.
    >

    > "Richard Urban [MVP]" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:Olp1kYpqFHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    >> I would never obtain software from anyone but the original vendor,
    >> and I certainly would not want anyone else to be taken in by a
    >> doctored version.
    >>
    >> I know who you are talking about! (-:
    >>
    >> You can't even browse his web site without an unidentified activex
    >> control wanting to be installed on your computer. Damned if I will
    >> allow that from the fellow in question.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Richard Urban
    >> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> Quote from: George Ankner
    >> "If you knew as much as you think you know,
    >> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
    >>
    >> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >>> In article <#iM#B8nqFHA.4076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    >>> richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com says...

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    >>> Richard - thanks for posting links to the vendors sites - unlike
    >>> someone else that pirates their software for his own personal site
    >>> and then gives the vendors no credit for it.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> spam999free@rrohio.com
    >>> remove 999 in order to email me
  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Leythos, can you site the newsgroup, thread subject and date where you
    posted this, please? A link to the post in Google Groups would be fine.

    Thanks.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    Leythos wrote [addressing pcbutts1]:
    <snip>
    > You can't prove jack - as nothing I've said is incorrect - I even posted
    > the email from SBS&D where the seem to indicate they never gave you
    > permission. They certainly didn't know about your site.
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In article <eoFzF$0qFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, PABearMVP@gmail.com
    says...
    > Leythos, can you site the newsgroup, thread subject and date where you
    > posted this, please? A link to the post in Google Groups would be fine.

    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse
    _thread/thread/9baf0e82bdfe06b5/80ffff050b99d732?
    lnk=st&q=Silke+B+leythos&rnum=1&hl=en#80ffff050b99d732

    I've seen the same thing from the AdAware people - they don't know who
    he is, never seen his site, etc...

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Leythos wrote:
    > In article <eoFzF$0qFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, PABearMVP@gmail.com
    > says...
    > > Leythos, can you site the newsgroup, thread subject and date where you
    > > posted this, please? A link to the post in Google Groups would be fine.
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse
    > _thread/thread/9baf0e82bdfe06b5/80ffff050b99d732?
    > lnk=st&q=Silke+B+leythos&rnum=1&hl=en#80ffff050b99d732
    >
    > I've seen the same thing from the AdAware people - they don't know who
    > he is, never seen his site, etc...

    This must be it, then:

    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/ed4772f47fb89dd9?hl=en

    Thanks for your reply. I've been in contact with Lavasoft, Safer Networking
    and Merijn about this, too.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In article <#aDOmr1qFHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, PABearMVP@gmail.com
    says...
    > Leythos wrote:
    > > In article <eoFzF$0qFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, PABearMVP@gmail.com
    > > says...
    > > > Leythos, can you site the newsgroup, thread subject and date where you
    > > > posted this, please? A link to the post in Google Groups would be fine.
    > >
    > > http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse
    > > _thread/thread/9baf0e82bdfe06b5/80ffff050b99d732?
    > > lnk=st&q=Silke+B+leythos&rnum=1&hl=en#80ffff050b99d732
    > >
    > > I've seen the same thing from the AdAware people - they don't know who
    > > he is, never seen his site, etc...
    >
    > This must be it, then:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/ed4772f47fb89dd9?hl=en
    >
    > Thanks for your reply. I've been in contact with Lavasoft, Safer Networking
    > and Merijn about this, too.

    Yea, the sad thing is that if butt were to have just posted links like
    they ask, or like ethical people do, that he would not have had any
    problems. Heck, if he had even said, geee guys, I see what you mean,
    that by posting others work from my own site without giving them credit
    for it, that by hosting files that I didn't create, that by hosting
    files with no way to ensure they were not modified, that it just doesn't
    make sense and I'll stop and post links to the vendors sites instead -
    he would have gained some (although very little actually) respect by the
    good people in this group.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me