Hi,

I have just transfered my systems (XP and Linux) to a new hard drive, and I
added a 1GB FAT32 partition so that I would be able to easily exchange files
between Windows and Linux. Now I have a display problem... When I used the
"My Computer" to look at the FAT32 partition, it seemed ok, but when I tried
to go back, or up, I couldn't get the original display back (of devices,
control pannel, etc.). It now showed only a list of files/folders in folder
view, and it would not go "up" beyond a list of the the desktop folder.

Please can someone advise me?

(XP Home SP/2 OEM. HDD1:(until recently) Windows NTFS 60GB; Linux 20GB.
HDD2: NTFS 40GB. P4 HT. 512MB)
[Please note: Display name changed from Jess. I want to be unique!]

"JessJ" <JessJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have just transfered my systems (XP and Linux) to a new hard drive, and
> added a 1GB FAT32 partition so that I would be able to easily exchange
files
> between Windows and Linux. Now I have a display problem... When I used
the
> "My Computer" to look at the FAT32 partition, it seemed ok, but when I
tried
> to go back, or up, I couldn't get the original display back (of devices,
> control pannel, etc.). It now showed only a list of files/folders in
folder
> view, and it would not go "up" beyond a list of the the desktop folder.
>
> Please can someone advise me?
>

> (XP Home SP/2 OEM. HDD1:(until recently) Windows NTFS 60GB; Linux 20GB.
> HDD2: NTFS 40GB. P4 HT. 512MB)
> [Please note: Display name changed from Jess. I want to be unique!]

Have you tried the Backspace key on your keyboard?

Now, I can't replicate the problem! However, I have tried the backspace key
on the 'correct' view. Wow! I didn't know about that. Looks like it might
have been what happened - or, at least, it might help me in the future.

Thank you so much,

JessJ

--
Jess
(XP Home SP/2 OEM. HDD1:Windows NTFS 280GB; Fat32 1GB; Linux 19GB.