Very Strange search bug!!

August 26, 2005 2:38:02 PM

every time i try to search for any file or folder a message box apear
(unexpected error ,action could not be completed)
my attempts to solve the problem:
Full system scan using norton windoctor 2005
reinstalling srchasst.inf from winxpsp2 cd
please help me because i use search continusly an this problem make me near
to crazy day after day

More about : strange search bug

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 2:06:54 AM

In article <66214EA4-DC7C-409F-A063-97CB751A9701@microsoft.com>, "=?Utf-8?B?WA==?=" <X@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>every time i try to search for any file or folder a message box apear
>(unexpected error ,action could not be completed)
>my attempts to solve the problem:

I had this recently happen on a spyware-infested computer that was given to me
to clean up.

Your problem was solved by going into Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet
Options, Security, and clicking the "default" button to restore settings to
their default values.

Not intuitively obvious, is it?!

Art
August 27, 2005 4:27:01 AM