INFO: Games with Ball Saver Post

I remember playing a game as kid in the 70/80's that had a ball saver
post between the flippers, maybe it was later on - the memory's not so
good anymore.

The ball saver post, was red plastic post that normally was flush with
the playfield, but I think for the first few seconds of each ball, or
perhaps a certain target sequence would cause it to raise up - helping
to prevent direct drains by filling the gap between the two flippers.

Anyways - I searched IPDB and only came across two Chicago Coin games,
neither of which looked familiar to me - Doea anyone know of any other
games that have this feature?

Does anyone know where I could get a green one? I got a red one from
Marco, but would like to place the original color back on my Big Guns.
My green one was cracked, as it takes quite a pounding from those
cannon shots. Barry, you're right, you shouldn't have let it go - it's
a great game.

-Gregg B

Bally Bowl-o ,Made in 1970 Has red popup. between flips. Type in
BOWL-O ,not bowlo on IPDB for pics . Let me Know if this is it. Great
game for 1970 I had one it got away. LOU

A number of Williams games had them - Honey & Swinger / Fun Fest come to
mind.

- Steve B.

"E-Hacker" <ehacker1066@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I remember playing a game as kid in the 70/80's that had a ball saver
> post between the flippers, maybe it was later on - the memory's not so
> good anymore.
>
> The ball saver post, was red plastic post that normally was flush with
> the playfield, but I think for the first few seconds of each ball, or
> perhaps a certain target sequence would cause it to raise up - helping
> to prevent direct drains by filling the gap between the two flippers.
>
> Anyways - I searched IPDB and only came across two Chicago Coin games,
> neither of which looked familiar to me - Doea anyone know of any other
> games that have this feature?

There were a good number of those - 2 that I can think of immediately were
"Space Time" (the 2nd "Happy Days" pin, which I will have up for trade or
sale soon) and Big Guns (which I never should have let go). I know there
are a number of others . . .

Barry Schiffer
--
Please visit my gameroom:
http://home.comcast.net/~barry5327/

"E-Hacker" <ehacker1066@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I remember playing a game as kid in the 70/80's that had a ball saver
> post between the flippers, maybe it was later on - the memory's not so
> good anymore.
>
> The ball saver post, was red plastic post that normally was flush with
> the playfield, but I think for the first few seconds of each ball, or
> perhaps a certain target sequence would cause it to raise up - helping
> to prevent direct drains by filling the gap between the two flippers.
>
> Anyways - I searched IPDB and only came across two Chicago Coin games,
> neither of which looked familiar to me - Doea anyone know of any other
> games that have this feature?

>>Anyways - I searched IPDB and only came across two Chicago Coin games,
>>neither of which looked familiar to me - Doea anyone know of any other
>>games that have this feature?

Big Guns has a green one and Space Shuttle has a red one.

Ed

Including the Bobby*Orr Power*Play that you once had. Right??

--
Scott
(Maryland)

E-Hacker wrote:
> I remember playing a game as kid in the 70/80's that had a ball saver
> post between the flippers, maybe it was later on - the memory's not so
> good anymore.
>
> The ball saver post, was red plastic post that normally was flush with
> the playfield, but I think for the first few seconds of each ball, or
> perhaps a certain target sequence would cause it to raise up - helping
> to prevent direct drains by filling the gap between the two flippers.
>
> Anyways - I searched IPDB and only came across two Chicago Coin games,
> neither of which looked familiar to me - Doea anyone know of any other
> games that have this feature?

It could be 6 Million Dollar Man.

Clive
---
Board repairs, EPROMs, servicing...

The Coin-Op Cauldron
405 Wild Wing Way
Easley, SC 29642
(864)238-1707
http://www.coinopcauldron.com

WOW! I had no idea there were so many that had this feature.
My memory is very vague, but I think it was Six Million Dollar Man.
I was a big fan of that show as a kid, so no doubt I would have played
the pin.
My mental picture had bigger outlane guides, but everything else seems
to fit. Thanks for all the great information.

As a side note - I'll have to check out a Big Guns - pics look like it
is a lot of fun.

PinDude wrote:
> Does anyone know where I could get a green one? I got a red one from
> Marco, but would like to place the original color back on my Big Guns.
> My green one was cracked, as it takes quite a pounding from those
> cannon shots. Barry, you're right, you shouldn't have let it go - it's
> a great game.
>
> -Gregg B

I got mine from The Pinball Resource.

Ed

both my williams superstar has a red one and my bally expressway has an
orange one

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

JeffK

Williams Contact? 1978

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?558

>I remember playing a game as kid in the 70/80's that had a ball saver
>post between the flippers, maybe it was later on - the memory's not so
>good anymore.
>
>The ball saver post, was red plastic post that normally was flush with
>the playfield, but I think for the first few seconds of each ball, or
>perhaps a certain target sequence would cause it to raise up - helping
>to prevent direct drains by filling the gap between the two flippers.
>
>Anyways - I searched IPDB and only came across two Chicago Coin games,
>neither of which looked familiar to me - Doea anyone know of any other
>games that have this feature?

Thanks, Scott -

Damn! Now I can't even remember the games I have had! ;-)

Barry Schiffer
--

"Scott Wilmoth" <scottmax69@aol.com> wrote in message
> Including the Bobby*Orr Power*Play that you once had. Right??
>
> --
> Scott
> (Maryland)
>
> "Barry Schiffer" <barry5327@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> There were a good number of those - 2 that I can think of immediately
>> were "Space Time" (the 2nd "Happy Days" pin, which I will have up for
>> trade or sale soon) and Big Guns (which I never should have let go). I
>> know there are a number of others . . .
>>
>> Barry Schiffer
>> --
>> Please visit my gameroom:
>> http://home.comcast.net/~barry5327/
>>

>> "E-Hacker" <ehacker1066@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I remember playing a game as kid in the 70/80's that had a ball saver
>>> post between the flippers, maybe it was later on - the memory's not so
>>> good anymore.
>>>
>>> The ball saver post, was red plastic post that normally was flush with
>>> the playfield, but I think for the first few seconds of each ball, or
>>> perhaps a certain target sequence would cause it to raise up - helping
>>> to prevent direct drains by filling the gap between the two flippers.
>>>
>>> Anyways - I searched IPDB and only came across two Chicago Coin games,
>>> neither of which looked familiar to me - Doea anyone know of any other
>>> games that have this feature?

check out Williams Expo. it has one as well. my game is on end in the
currently-not-being-played section of the "game room" (read basement)
or I'd check to see if it doesn't also have a mini-post (think it
does) that protects one of the outlanes.

stevebo

E-Hacker wrote:

> I remember playing a game as kid in the 70/80's that had a ball saver
> post between the flippers, maybe it was later on - the memory's not so
> good anymore.
>
> The ball saver post, was red plastic post that normally was flush with
> the playfield, but I think for the first few seconds of each ball, or
> perhaps a certain target sequence would cause it to raise up - helping
> to prevent direct drains by filling the gap between the two flippers.
>
> Anyways - I searched IPDB and only came across two Chicago Coin games,
> neither of which looked familiar to me - Doea anyone know of any other
> games that have this feature?

Williams "Jive Time" not only has a large-ish "Up-post" (their term)
between the flippers, it also has a smaller "Mini Post" that
occasionally obscures the right out-lane.

Williams "Fire!" has a rubber one between the flippers.

--Bob

Bob Ellingson bobe@halted.com
Halted Specialties Co., Inc. http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)