Upgrading Laptop CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwashy

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
This may sound like a strange request, but bear with me. Are there any CPU upgrades I can perform on an Asus UL50-VT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220633&cm_re=ul50-_-34-220-633-_-Product

It sounds strange since the laptop isn't even four months old, but it has all the necessary features I need minus processing power. I knew that it was a low voltage processor going in, but I figured if I can pull 12 hours of battery life on a low voltage CPU, it couldn't be much worse adding a higher clock, higher performance CPU.

Money isn't much of an issue at this point, I was just wondering if there was any conceivable way of adjusting the processor in this notebook.

Thanks

My only concern is that because it is a low voltage processor, you may be limited in putting in another chip with a higher TDP, as the power supply and MOBO may not be be able to handle it. Plus, unless you know what you are doing with laptops, it can be a major PITA to take them apart, especially a new one where you are voiding the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS