Desktop Problems

I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
desktop.

"X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."

What's wrong?

Thanks,
McClint
mcclint_downing@yahoo.com
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop problems

    i dont unerstad what problem is ,, littlebit more description please.
    "McClint" <vitalpilot@core.com> wrote in message
    > I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
    > desktop.
    >
    > "X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."
    >
    > What's wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > McClint
    > mcclint_downing@yahoo.com

    May be due to malware.Scan your system with latest version of
    Spybot,search and destroy,CWShredder as well as adaware.Run all these
    tools in safe mode.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    McClint wrote:
    > I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
    > desktop.
    >
    > "X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."
    >
    > What's wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > McClint
    > mcclint_downing@yahoo.com

  3. i cant create shortcats in my desktop. please help
  4. try to run ccleaner and clean the registry and or turn active desktop off then on again.

Desktops Microsoft Error Message Windows XP