Desktop Problems

August 26, 2005 10:48:12 PM

I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
desktop.

"X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."

What's wrong?

Thanks,
McClint
mcclint_downing@yahoo.com

More about : desktop problems

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 10:48:13 PM

i dont unerstad what problem is ,, littlebit more description please.
"McClint" <vitalpilot@core.com> wrote in message
> I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
> desktop.
>
> "X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."
>
> What's wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> McClint
> mcclint_downing@yahoo.com

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 12:18:13 AM

May be due to malware.Scan your system with latest version of
Spybot,search and destroy,CWShredder as well as adaware.Run all these
tools in safe mode.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

McClint wrote:
> I keep getting the this error message when my computer tries to access the
> desktop.
>
> "X:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable..."
>
> What's wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> McClint
> mcclint_downing@yahoo.com

January 18, 2009 11:30:42 PM

i cant create shortcats in my desktop. please help
January 19, 2009 10:10:30 AM

try to run ccleaner and clean the registry and or turn active desktop off then on again.
!