Intel fans in fear as AMD inflicts terror!!!

RRAMJET

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
I'm really surprised that intel is holding up in the face of AMD s huge success in the higher end chips. As the xp1800 and above drop in price intel may be in real dissaray, the pentium IV 2.4 with the dummied up 800mhz fsb may be intels only saviour. AMD s overclocking potential is just huge and the price s they offer must be sending shivers through intel fanboys everywhere. Are the rumours true that intel are going to drop all their CPU models except the celeron and get AMD back to rusume the production of their high end chips. I'm hopeing not, cmmon intel please push AMD to even greater heights.

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!

RRAMJET

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
Apparently Intel have just released a press statement on talks they are having with AMD relating to their research and development of up and coming CPUs. Intel are saying it is more cost efficient to contract out the development to AMD as was done in the past. New intel chips are to be named AMDtel according to the statement. Although AMD have said they want nothing to do with any of the celeron lines they have agreed to look into the proprosal. cnet.com

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I see! I read that AMD was going to contract out All their R&D to VIA, due to the vastly superior nature of their products - AMD have effectively given up with their stuff, and 'seen the light'.

So it makes perfect sense for Intel to make use of AMD's soon to be empty Fabs, as it saves them having to develop all of that technology themselves, as although AMD have gotten VIA, they know second best will still be better than what they currently have.

So basically, AMD chips will be made by VIA, and Intel ones by AMD, with Intel themselves effectively streamlining themselves into a marketing/distributing department, free to think of more uses for stupid blue men.

That's my take on it, anyway.

---
The end is nigh.. (For this post at least) :smile:

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
A recent press release from Nvidia states that their new chip sill SlAuGhTeR the Presscott and Hammer dubbed the NV600.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Yes, AMD has got this new technology that they bought from the U.S. government from the Roswell incident. Alien Tech CPUs, that's what makes them as invincible as we've witnessed them to be...

:evil: <font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles

sonoran

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2002
Actually I heard the space aliens in the Intel commercials were direct descendents of aliens stranded here by the Roswell crash. And the Blue Men are actually alien/human hybrids. :)

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
I feel realy sorry for the guy that had to be in bed with one of those blue alien chicks, she had to be darn ugly!

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!