add and remove programs very long to open

When I open "Add and remove programs" from control panel, the window appears
but the list content takes a very long time to open. When I talk about very
long time, I means hours !!! I open the "Add and remove programs" and after I
go to sleep and in the morning, the list is filled.

So, why is it so long to open ?

U can do 3 things.after each try restart and see if add remove list
displayed fast. Ok.

[1] There might be some problem with registry .So clean with system
mechanic(www.iolo.com) or any registry tool. [May work, if u
wanna skip u can].

[2]click start button and click run.
Now type "sfc /scannow" without quates.click ok.
window appears with progress bar tiitled "window file protection". Let
it finish.( if it ill ask u toshow u WinXp installation filethen give path
by clicking browse to ur windowXp installation on CD or HardDiskDrive.)
restart and see.
[3] IF Above 2 step dont work then only use this step.
Start Window Xp OS .Login with user who is having administrative rights or
is an administrator.
Insert ur winxp cd and choose install Xp . then choose upgrade .
Click NExt
Enter ur key and clk ok. and rest of the things are same ..
This option is totaly risk free{but i suggest u backup mydocuments folder
for every user account.}
it worked for me .