Why a big pinball collection?

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
"reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.
44 answers Last reply
More about pinball collection
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    I have 24-28 pins

    that is not enough

    I want more

    It is a disease

    This entire hobby is nothing more than a sickness

    Get out while there is still time because it can get expensive

    gary
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    Seriously though, WHY do you have this many pins. Do you play them all
    regularly? I just think it would be "neat" to have a lot of pins but I
    cannot explain why to my wife as most of them will be barely played.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    I have 8 machines and lots of other hobbies (cars, golf, etc.), and
    find it is more of a seasonal thing for me. I find much more time to
    play in the Winter months. I couldn't imagine having 20-30 machines -
    not because of playing them, but because of the upkeep (and space).

    No matter how many you have, it seems as though you always want one or
    two more and don't really want to get rid of any.

    -Jeff
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    explain to her that you are getting the sickness

    and then seek help

    gary
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    What are you doing? Get away while you can! Save yourself! The rest
    of us are gonners!
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    .....because the person who dies with the most toys wins.
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    My collection here in Arizona will be ready for my new game room in 2
    months

    they are finishing up construction September 15th

    anyone who wants to come see is welcome

    gary
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    poker...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Seriously though, WHY do you have this many pins. Do you play them all
    > regularly? I just think it would be "neat" to have a lot of pins but I
    > cannot explain why to my wife as most of them will be barely played.


    I currently own about 22 pins and 4 vids, and a rifle game.
    In all honesty, I could cull that back to 7 pins and 3 vids and be
    pretty happy. I could also live for years off of tomato juice, turnips
    and bannanas. Its just variety is all.
    If you choose the pins based off of what YOU like in gameplay, you'll
    be amazed at how often you play them.
    If you just get pins because they are cheap, rare, or you like the
    theme or colors, or you think everyone else likes them well...you cant
    assume youre going to play those as much.

    Del
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    I started with a broken pin I got from my boss. I just wanted a pinball
    machine. I got it fixed and then the urge hit!! What I finally figured
    out is that if there is still room left in the basement, then the urge
    will remain strong, "The force is strong is this one!" I just hit I
    think 24 pins. I have now run out of room unless I really do some
    squishing together of pins. I finally feel the urge dying down.

    I love pinball and having this many is probably overkill, but when I
    feel like playing, it is fantastic to be able to walk down there and
    just choose. Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes I feel like a
    modern DMD game so I hit Addams, AFM, or IJ. But, sometimes you feel
    like an 80's pin so I hit Black Knight etc. Then, you sometimes feel
    like some slower pins so I will hit the Gottlieb Circus or the SeaWitch
    etc. All have differences that make them fun. Some with more pop
    bumpers, some with more drop targets etc. Finally, a fantastic reason
    to have this many pins is my KIDS!! When they have all their friends
    stay over (I have two daughters 12 and 10), it absolutely sounds like I
    have a full-blown gameroom down there as all of them are talking,
    dinging, beeping, popping, blaring music etc. That right there is what
    makes it all worth it.

    Another stage of collecting pins is the repair stage. You start to
    learn how to fix them. Then people find out and the next thing you
    know, you are fixing everyone else's pins and rarely
    playing/shopping/fixing your own. So, at least this disease has
    different stages of developement! :)

    Doug
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    One thing:

    No matter how great a title is, with home use, it gets BORING

    that's why you need a lot of pins

    I find Pat Lawlor pins to be very good for home use because they have a
    lot of weird features that keeps them fresh longer

    On location, I hated his machines because the flow was so-so

    But when you think about spending so much money for something that gets
    boring so fast, you really have to classify it as a sickness

    gary
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    >I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion >to get 20-30 pins.

    Think about people who collect more than 4 cars, or 4 motorcycles, or 4
    classic lunch boxes.....

    You can't use them all the time, but it's more than that. Finding,
    fixing, dealing, playing, shows, auctions, parties, people, etc....
    There is a lot of things that are fun about this hobby and having the
    games is only part of it.

    kirb
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    May I suggest PinMame as your methadone? Invest a grand in an awesome
    PC with as large of monitor as you find. It would be really cool to
    hook it up inside a cabinet and be able to use the actual flipper
    buttons and motion sensing for the cabinet nudge. Sweet!
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    >No matter how great a title is, with home use, it gets BORING

    Newbies, hear this- DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ABOVE. Multiple titles are
    nice, but a good title will keep your interest. I enjoyed playing as
    much when I had 1 game to having 20. You don't have to have a large
    collection to enjoy pinball.

    >that's why you need a lot of pins

    You only need 1.

    >But when you think about spending so much money for something that gets
    >boring so fast, you really have to classify it as a sickness

    If the above were true, you would see a lot more people moving games
    through their collections. Some do, most don't.

    Kirb
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    kirb wrote:
    > >No matter how great a title is, with home use, it gets BORING
    >
    > Newbies, hear this- DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ABOVE. Multiple titles are
    > nice, but a good title will keep your interest. I enjoyed playing as
    > much when I had 1 game to having 20. You don't have to have a large
    > collection to enjoy pinball.
    >

    This is true but neither statement is really relative. The first and
    for a while only pin I bought- I never got sick of it. But it is
    undeniable that variety is the spice of life. There is no ONE pin that
    will satisfy that. And since you are ALLOWED to seek out variety,
    unlike in say a marriage or something, if you are really into it one
    pin will never do. I think most one-pin households- they just don't
    really play it that much. I think most home pinball sales get played a
    ton the first few weeks and then just when guests come over.
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    I sold one hobby to get into this one. I've had arcades before. But
    now you can combine 3500 arcades in one machine. Can't do that with
    pins. Now I get to play with my money :) I only had 4 that I was
    after. Now I have those 4 and have 2 more that I have to get. After
    that. It doesn't matter anymore. Find your Prize Games you have to
    have. Then find other collectors in your area and get to know them.
    Once you start playing other peoples collections, your must have
    collection will keep you content. At least it does for me. Till I
    play a game i've never played before and have to have it :P

    neo
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    Run away fast.

    If you hang around here any longer it's as good as done.

    :>)

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121650475.336741.195430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > "reason".
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    pokerpin@hotmail.com wrote:
    .. Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.
    >

    Isn't that all the more reason to just go ahead and do it ?
    Just kidding!
    Probably why I never got married.

    Brian Ray
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    i'm with ya brother.
    had 2 thought that would be enough.
    then i told myself 5 would keep me happy with enough variety that i wouldn't
    get [as] tired of them.
    have 7 currently and arranging to take on 2 more.
    i'm out of space and actually considering moving to have more pinball space.

    it is a f$*#ing illness. i keep thinking my taste will change, i'll grow
    out of it or burn out a little and it just keeps growing and getting more
    serious.

    i started collecting in 98. if you were to tell me the lineup/condition
    pins I have now back in 98 - I would have laughted so hard I would have
    cried.

    if you find a solution fill us in.
    Dan

    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121650475.336741.195430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.
    >
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    > I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

    You'll get bored with 4 pins *very* quickly. I have 18 currently and you
    are right, I don't play them all the time, but I can rotate to a different
    machine I haven't played in months. Helps you from getting too bored with
    just a few titles.

    Basically, most of us here have more pins than we have room for. It's just
    how the progression of the disease works. :-)

    --
    Mike S.
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
    --------------------------------------------
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    On 17 Jul 2005 19:22:17 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

    >My collection here in Arizona will be ready for my new game room in 2
    >months
    >
    >they are finishing up construction September 15th
    >
    >anyone who wants to come see is welcome
    >
    >gary

    or listen?

    http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:FMqT5ospQEsJ:garycubeta.com/+%22gary+cubeta%22&hl=en

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
    Gary P. Cubeta is a Troll :-P)
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    If you have four and want more then consider yourself a crack addict. Short
    of getting a labotomy, try to give it up cold turkey. There is nothing
    wrong with you, I think most of us have bigger eyes than stomachs. Like
    everyone else said it is the variety, the fact that we can pick something
    different to play any day and hour is nice. Upkeep is a little more sure
    but goes hand in hand with any hobby.

    Trin
    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121650475.336741.195430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.
    >
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    On 17 Jul 2005 20:25:54 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

    >One thing:
    >
    >No matter how great a title is, with home use, it gets BORING
    >
    >that's why you need a lot of pins
    >
    >I find Pat Lawlor pins to be very good for home use because they have a
    >lot of weird features that keeps them fresh longer
    >
    >On location, I hated his machines because the flow was so-so
    >
    >But when you think about spending so much money for something that gets
    >boring so fast, you really have to classify it as a sickness
    >
    >gary

    http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:FMqT5ospQEsJ:garycubeta.com/+%22gary+cubeta%22&hl=en

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
    Gary P. Cubeta is a Troll :-P)
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    It's not just pinball. I've been "this way" for
    years on many different things. The only
    thing I have *one* of is wives.

    This hobby has just been the worst......!

    --
    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8
    ******************


    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    If I didn't have a house full of other stuff I'd certainly have more
    than my 4 pins and 2 vids . Oh, and since one of my vids is a MAME
    machine I have about 5000 video games :D And to think the pins still
    get played MUCH more. Well, come to think of it, ever since I got my
    BSD, I've only played my EM's once.

    It's a disease I don't mind having :)

    I don't know if I'll ever own a lot of pins, but I'm at least going
    after one from each era/decade.

    Chas
    '63 Merry Widow
    '71 Solids n Stripes (this one might be sold)
    '75 Bow and Arrow
    '80's <empty> I need suggestions :)
    '93 BSD
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    NO WAY would i have a BIG collection, 60 pins, 4 vids, 2 jukes is enough for
    me.

    ;)

    --
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    (269) 979-3836

    Still looking for:
    E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
    E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

    "Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    news:wMDCe.86343$Tt.39275@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
    > Run away fast.
    >
    > If you hang around here any longer it's as good as done.
    >
    > :>)
    >
    > Otto
    >
    > CARGPB11
    >
    > My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
    >
    > <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:1121650475.336741.195430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > >I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > > "reason".
    >
    >
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    Honestly I would love to. My problem is both CASH and SPACE. Cash is
    probably the bigger problem.

    I think it would be great to have a nice collection. I like variety and we
    certainly have enough parties at the house to get plenty of use out of them.
    Frankly I just wouldn't have the time to keep them up either, LOL.

    Anyway to those that have a big collection I salute and eny you!

    Greg

    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121650475.336741.195430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.
    >
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    Reason? REASON??? Sir...you speak BLASPHEMY!! There is no reason...and
    don't look for one; just look for more pins.

    "Reasonable Pinball Collection" is an oxymoron.

    Good luck in your quest but I hope you have a strong marriage.

    Darren

    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121650475.336741.195430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.
    >
  28. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    I DO agree with your concern. The madness for me started early, and
    enthusiasm is often a driving factor. After six years, though, I am finding
    more of an interest in thinning my collection, with the exception of a few
    precious titles....

    Chris
    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121651767.311406.186110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > Seriously though, WHY do you have this many pins. Do you play them all
    > regularly? I just think it would be "neat" to have a lot of pins but I
    > cannot explain why to my wife as most of them will be barely played.
    >
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    On 17 Jul 2005 18:56:07 -0700, pokerpin@hotmail.com wrote:

    >Seriously though, WHY do you have this many pins. Do you play them all
    >regularly? I just think it would be "neat" to have a lot of pins but I
    >cannot explain why to my wife as most of them will be barely played.

    Variety is the spice of life!

    Ben in Phoenix
    (Member of the 30+ club)
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    I agree, I have about $15,000 worth of pins

    Mark Hooks
    <gpctv02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:1121650627.195721.125360@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I have 24-28 pins
    >
    > that is not enough
    >
    > I want more
    >
    > It is a disease
    >
    > This entire hobby is nothing more than a sickness
    >
    > Get out while there is still time because it can get expensive
    >
    > gary
    >
  31. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    It is an unexplainable phenomenon, but rest assured you are getting the
    fever. I think what it boils down to is that you may like a game, but you
    don't want to sell it because you'd never find a nicer one. (If you come
    across a nicer one, you can always buy it and sell yours, many tell
    themselves). Plus you will miss it and want to play it again, but alas - no
    other locations in town have that one any more. Some people are speculators
    too and feel that if you buy pins right, you can get a return on your money.
    Let's face it - there is an obvious growing interest in pinball machines
    (check RGP post history links to confirm), and while the home market demand
    goes up, the available games are becoming more and more worn. People hold
    on to particular titles (Cactus*Canyon, Safe*cracker, Banzai*Run lately,
    G*R, and other sometimes limited production run games, etc) and their prices
    go up.

    12 pins (several clearcoated), coke box, cd juke, multi williams, 39in1
    multicade, 72, Daytona Twin, a linked pair Rush the Rock Alcatraz Editions
    later.....

    http://www.charlottepinball.com/andy.htm

    Andy


    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121650475.336741.195430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.
    >
  32. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    I have this compulsion to buy pins I don't want because they're a good
    deal and nearby. I have the feeling I'm going to end up with 20 and
    only 3 or 4 will actually be games on my wantlist.

    http://www.pinballblog.com
    http://gameroomblog.com
  33. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    My grand son collects everything playstation; It's in your blood, human
    greed with compulsion to hord and own things. If it were not pinball
    then it would be something else :) For Gene Cunningham it was
    property, now its pinball.

    Best keep collecting pinball and feel happy your aiding a good hobby.
    When you've done with them I'm sure someone else will want them, unlike
    most of those playstation disks which after a few years head for the
    boot sale at a pound a piece.

    Ping


    dshadowy1@yahoo.com wrote:
    > poker...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > Seriously though, WHY do you have this many pins. Do you play them all
    > > regularly? I just think it would be "neat" to have a lot of pins but I
    > > cannot explain why to my wife as most of them will be barely played.
    >
    >
    > I currently own about 22 pins and 4 vids, and a rifle game.
    > In all honesty, I could cull that back to 7 pins and 3 vids and be
    > pretty happy. I could also live for years off of tomato juice, turnips
    > and bannanas. Its just variety is all.
    > If you choose the pins based off of what YOU like in gameplay, you'll
    > be amazed at how often you play them.
    > If you just get pins because they are cheap, rare, or you like the
    > theme or colors, or you think everyone else likes them well...you cant
    > assume youre going to play those as much.
    >
    > Del
  34. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    My Reasons to have 30+ pins:

    1) Titles get "hot" for a couple months - you CAN'T leave the gameroom
    without "one more game of ...."

    2) Fun to maintain and restore, you can tear apart 4-5 machines at once
    and STILL have 20+ to pick from

    3) Where ELSE you gonna see that many machines in one place anymore???
  35. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    This is true but neither statement is really relative.

    No idea how it CAN'T be relative since he was asking the question. Gary
    said you HAVE to have a big collection. I don't agree. You don't have
    to have a big collection to enjoy pinball. Really, you don't.

    Not everyone is alike. Some may need a fix of a new game, but I enjoyed
    playing more with a small collection than I do now. That is just me.

    >The first and for a while only pin I bought- I never got sick of it.

    Thanks for making my point.

    >But it is undeniable that variety is the spice of life. There is no ONE pin that
    >will satisfy that.

    True, but having 20-30 games isn't going to make your life any better.
    Sounds like it might cause the poster more problems than he is ready
    for.

    >I think most one-pin households- they just don't really play it that much. I think most home >pinball sales get played a ton the first few weeks and then just when guests come over.

    I sold a Space Invaders to a guy at work. He has owned it for 4+ years,
    plays it at least 2-3 times a week, and is one of the few things he and
    his son-in-law have in common. They play it constantly when he is in
    town. I asked if he wanted another or swap it out and he is not
    interested one bit. He loves it and will never sell it (from what I can
    tell).

    To each his own. I am making a point that having a huge collection is
    not a requirement as some may claim. 4 pinballs can be the perfect size
    collection to the right person.

    Kirb
  36. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    I started out with one pin and at times have had as many as 200 at a time.
    I have always been the same way with any hobby.
    I collected old Tonka & Buddy L trucks for a while and had thousands of
    them before I quit the hobby.
    I'm in the process of selling off a lot of my coin op stuff because we never
    play them and also because I accumulated my collection over 20 years and
    they have appreciated greatly in value. The value of the machines will
    eventually drop like every other collectible as the people who seek to
    recapture the things from their youth retire and die off.
    My wife has been great about my hobbies. We bought a house with a walk out
    basement so that I could get machines in and out easily, and we completely
    remodeled the basement for pinball use. This included special, indirect
    lighting, tiles floors, and a super beefed up electrical system with outlets
    every 18 inches!
    It's great to have a party and literally have 50 people playing the games,
    but that's only 2 or 3 times a year. The rest of the year we entertain one
    or two couples and I've reached a point where I'd like to have a bar and rec
    room instead of dozens of pins in rows.
    In order to quench my collecting thirst I've switched to gumball machines.
    They are much smaller and 20 of them can sit on a bookshelf, but I can still
    get the enjoyment of completely restoring them and showing them off.
    I'll probably always have a few pins and jukes, but there isn't any reason
    to have 50 of them stashed away in a barn where they can't be enjoyed.
    Good luck whatever you decide to do.
    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121650475.336741.195430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.
    >


    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
  37. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    Sounds to me like this: pinballs are like women. We'd all love a
    stable of the most beautiful, but they create as many problems as they
    solve. :)
  38. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    It's an addiction. The more pins you have though, the less chance of
    getting tired of playing the same pin.

    Pingeek
    http://www.pingeek.com pinball dvds for sale

    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121650475.336741.195430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.
    >
  39. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    It's a way to satisfy a primal urge. We are all hunter-gatherers at
    some basic level. So if you enjoy playing pinball, the urge will
    naturally follow to go out and find more. It's the thrill of the chase
    man! Once you acquire that machine you've been looking for the thrill
    only lasts so long, then you have to resume the hunt. Resistance is
    futile. You have already been assimilated into the pinball collective.
    :-)

    Tim
  40. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    The BaronVonBell wrote:
    > It's a way to satisfy a primal urge. We are all hunter-gatherers at
    > some basic level. So if you enjoy playing pinball, the urge will
    > naturally follow to go out and find more. It's the thrill of the chase
    > man! Once you acquire that machine you've been looking for the thrill
    > only lasts so long, then you have to resume the hunt. Resistance is
    > futile. You have already been assimilated into the pinball collective.
    > :-)
    >
    > Tim

    So many pins...so little time....
  41. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    Ok here is my spin. you start out wanting one, then you get one and
    your hooked, no question. I have 4 right now, would love 20 more,
    working on it. I am a deal chaser, better the deal, less i care about
    what machine. Figure i'll play it till im tired of it and gve it to a
    friend to hold on to it for me for a while. But you all have to admit,
    that when it comes up into a conversation, and they say you have a
    pinball machine? and my answer is no,,,,I have four of them. you see
    their eyes light up and an envy cross their minds. then they always
    find a reason to come visit my house. then you watch them fade back 30
    years, you see it in their eyes, and you get that great feeling inside.
    this is why we have pinball machines in our homes, not for us, but for
    everyone who does not. thinik about it

    Ctsteps5

    owner of
    71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
    74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.

    Moderator of EM Pinball Group
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachine
  42. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1121650475.336741.195430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.
    >

    Over the years my collection has grown to 40 pins, 15 vids and 4 jukes.
    25 pins are always setup and playable.

    Why so many pins? I like the variety. My earliest pin was made in 1933
    and my latest is ST:TNG (1993?). Somedays I enjoy playing Capt Fantastic,
    and other late '60's EM's, other days I'll play pre-flippers. My collection
    has
    evolved over the years, and I have kept the pins I really like. Of course
    there are a lot more I'd like to have, but space becomes the limiting
    factor at some point.

    Is this a sickness? Depends on your point of view I suppose. IMO its a
    fun *hobby*. If its something you really enjoy, and can afford, why not
    build a large collection?

    Steve
  43. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    Why? Why Not? :)

    Once you get hooked you are likely to get lost. When I got my first pin, I
    had room for a few more. In those days you could still get a game for 20$ or
    so if you were lucky. Once you start to know the history of pins, you become
    interested to play a certain title. Especially when you don't see it often
    at events. When you see one for sale, just basically don't play it, to see
    what it is like, but you buy it, because it already has grown on you. The
    more titles you play, the more you want. Then you reach the stage of fixing
    them and you come across titles in junk shape that you think can give a new
    life, or you need the parts for another game. I don't think any of us
    started out with the idea of wanting 20, 30 or whatever amount of pins. You
    just keep buying them and find a solution when space runs out. After a while
    you will realise you have more pins than any arcade had when those were
    around.

    If you want top keep your wife happy: get a CFTBL, she'll love it. When
    she's happy, she won't mind anymore as long as you keep putting her in the
    first place.

    Joe


    <pokerpin@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    news:1121650475.336741.195430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
    > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
    > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
    > "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.
    >
  44. Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

    Ctsteps5...

    tried to go to your yahoo group and it says it doesn't exist (even with
    2 Ls in pinball) :(
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Video Games