Why a big pinball collection?

Last response: in Video Games
July 17, 2005 10:34:35 PM

I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
"reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

More about : big pinball collection

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 10:37:07 PM

I have 24-28 pins

that is not enough

I want more

It is a disease

This entire hobby is nothing more than a sickness

Get out while there is still time because it can get expensive

gary
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 10:56:07 PM

Seriously though, WHY do you have this many pins. Do you play them all
regularly? I just think it would be "neat" to have a lot of pins but I
cannot explain why to my wife as most of them will be barely played.
July 17, 2005 10:59:06 PM

I have 8 machines and lots of other hobbies (cars, golf, etc.), and
find it is more of a seasonal thing for me. I find much more time to
play in the Winter months. I couldn't imagine having 20-30 machines -
not because of playing them, but because of the upkeep (and space).

No matter how many you have, it seems as though you always want one or
two more and don't really want to get rid of any.

-Jeff
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 11:00:23 PM

explain to her that you are getting the sickness

and then seek help

gary
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 11:02:08 PM

What are you doing? Get away while you can! Save yourself! The rest
of us are gonners!
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 11:07:11 PM

.....because the person who dies with the most toys wins.
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 11:22:17 PM

My collection here in Arizona will be ready for my new game room in 2
months

they are finishing up construction September 15th

anyone who wants to come see is welcome

gary
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:03:03 AM

poker...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Seriously though, WHY do you have this many pins. Do you play them all
> regularly? I just think it would be "neat" to have a lot of pins but I
> cannot explain why to my wife as most of them will be barely played.

I currently own about 22 pins and 4 vids, and a rifle game.
In all honesty, I could cull that back to 7 pins and 3 vids and be
pretty happy. I could also live for years off of tomato juice, turnips
and bannanas. Its just variety is all.
If you choose the pins based off of what YOU like in gameplay, you'll
be amazed at how often you play them.
If you just get pins because they are cheap, rare, or you like the
theme or colors, or you think everyone else likes them well...you cant
assume youre going to play those as much.

Del
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:14:00 AM

I started with a broken pin I got from my boss. I just wanted a pinball
machine. I got it fixed and then the urge hit!! What I finally figured
out is that if there is still room left in the basement, then the urge
will remain strong, "The force is strong is this one!" I just hit I
think 24 pins. I have now run out of room unless I really do some
squishing together of pins. I finally feel the urge dying down.

I love pinball and having this many is probably overkill, but when I
feel like playing, it is fantastic to be able to walk down there and
just choose. Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes I feel like a
modern DMD game so I hit Addams, AFM, or IJ. But, sometimes you feel
like an 80's pin so I hit Black Knight etc. Then, you sometimes feel
like some slower pins so I will hit the Gottlieb Circus or the SeaWitch
etc. All have differences that make them fun. Some with more pop
bumpers, some with more drop targets etc. Finally, a fantastic reason
to have this many pins is my KIDS!! When they have all their friends
stay over (I have two daughters 12 and 10), it absolutely sounds like I
have a full-blown gameroom down there as all of them are talking,
dinging, beeping, popping, blaring music etc. That right there is what
makes it all worth it.

Another stage of collecting pins is the repair stage. You start to
learn how to fix them. Then people find out and the next thing you
know, you are fixing everyone else's pins and rarely
playing/shopping/fixing your own. So, at least this disease has
different stages of developement! :)

Doug
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:25:54 AM

One thing:

No matter how great a title is, with home use, it gets BORING

that's why you need a lot of pins

I find Pat Lawlor pins to be very good for home use because they have a
lot of weird features that keeps them fresh longer

On location, I hated his machines because the flow was so-so

But when you think about spending so much money for something that gets
boring so fast, you really have to classify it as a sickness

gary
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:26:17 AM

>I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion >to get 20-30 pins.

Think about people who collect more than 4 cars, or 4 motorcycles, or 4
classic lunch boxes.....

You can't use them all the time, but it's more than that. Finding,
fixing, dealing, playing, shows, auctions, parties, people, etc....
There is a lot of things that are fun about this hobby and having the
games is only part of it.

kirb
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:37:23 AM

May I suggest PinMame as your methadone? Invest a grand in an awesome
PC with as large of monitor as you find. It would be really cool to
hook it up inside a cabinet and be able to use the actual flipper
buttons and motion sensing for the cabinet nudge. Sweet!
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:45:56 AM

>No matter how great a title is, with home use, it gets BORING

Newbies, hear this- DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ABOVE. Multiple titles are
nice, but a good title will keep your interest. I enjoyed playing as
much when I had 1 game to having 20. You don't have to have a large
collection to enjoy pinball.

>that's why you need a lot of pins

You only need 1.

>But when you think about spending so much money for something that gets
>boring so fast, you really have to classify it as a sickness

If the above were true, you would see a lot more people moving games
through their collections. Some do, most don't.

Kirb
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:51:50 AM

kirb wrote:
> >No matter how great a title is, with home use, it gets BORING
>
> Newbies, hear this- DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ABOVE. Multiple titles are
> nice, but a good title will keep your interest. I enjoyed playing as
> much when I had 1 game to having 20. You don't have to have a large
> collection to enjoy pinball.

This is true but neither statement is really relative. The first and
for a while only pin I bought- I never got sick of it. But it is
undeniable that variety is the spice of life. There is no ONE pin that
will satisfy that. And since you are ALLOWED to seek out variety,
unlike in say a marriage or something, if you are really into it one
pin will never do. I think most one-pin households- they just don't
really play it that much. I think most home pinball sales get played a
ton the first few weeks and then just when guests come over.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 1:14:09 AM

I sold one hobby to get into this one. I've had arcades before. But
now you can combine 3500 arcades in one machine. Can't do that with
pins. Now I get to play with my money :)  I only had 4 that I was
after. Now I have those 4 and have 2 more that I have to get. After
that. It doesn't matter anymore. Find your Prize Games you have to
have. Then find other collectors in your area and get to know them.
Once you start playing other peoples collections, your must have
collection will keep you content. At least it does for me. Till I
play a game i've never played before and have to have it :p

neo
July 18, 2005 1:41:56 AM

Run away fast.

If you hang around here any longer it's as good as done.

:>)

Otto

CARGPB11

<pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> "reason".
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 1:50:12 AM

pokerpin@hotmail.com wrote:
.. Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

Isn't that all the more reason to just go ahead and do it ?
Just kidding!
Probably why I never got married.

Brian Ray
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 1:58:08 AM

i'm with ya brother.
had 2 thought that would be enough.
then i told myself 5 would keep me happy with enough variety that i wouldn't
get [as] tired of them.
have 7 currently and arranging to take on 2 more.
i'm out of space and actually considering moving to have more pinball space.

it is a f$*#ing illness. i keep thinking my taste will change, i'll grow
out of it or burn out a little and it just keeps growing and getting more
serious.

i started collecting in 98. if you were to tell me the lineup/condition
pins I have now back in 98 - I would have laughted so hard I would have
cried.

if you find a solution fill us in.
Dan

<pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:16:43 AM

> I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

You'll get bored with 4 pins *very* quickly. I have 18 currently and you
are right, I don't play them all the time, but I can rotate to a different
machine I haven't played in months. Helps you from getting too bored with
just a few titles.

Basically, most of us here have more pins than we have room for. It's just
how the progression of the disease works. :-)

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
July 18, 2005 3:21:56 AM

On 17 Jul 2005 19:22:17 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>My collection here in Arizona will be ready for my new game room in 2
>months
>
>they are finishing up construction September 15th
>
>anyone who wants to come see is welcome
>
>gary

or listen?

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:FMqT5ospQEsJ:garyc...

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Gary P. Cubeta is a Troll :-P)
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:32:09 AM

If you have four and want more then consider yourself a crack addict. Short
of getting a labotomy, try to give it up cold turkey. There is nothing
wrong with you, I think most of us have bigger eyes than stomachs. Like
everyone else said it is the variety, the fact that we can pick something
different to play any day and hour is nice. Upkeep is a little more sure
but goes hand in hand with any hobby.

Trin
<pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:34:02 AM

On 17 Jul 2005 20:25:54 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>One thing:
>
>No matter how great a title is, with home use, it gets BORING
>
>that's why you need a lot of pins
>
>I find Pat Lawlor pins to be very good for home use because they have a
>lot of weird features that keeps them fresh longer
>
>On location, I hated his machines because the flow was so-so
>
>But when you think about spending so much money for something that gets
>boring so fast, you really have to classify it as a sickness
>
>gary

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:FMqT5ospQEsJ:garyc...

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Gary P. Cubeta is a Troll :-P)
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:40:48 AM

It's not just pinball. I've been "this way" for
years on many different things. The only
thing I have *one* of is wives.

This hobby has just been the worst......!

--
Fred
TX

<pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:41:05 AM

If I didn't have a house full of other stuff I'd certainly have more
than my 4 pins and 2 vids . Oh, and since one of my vids is a MAME
machine I have about 5000 video games :D  And to think the pins still
get played MUCH more. Well, come to think of it, ever since I got my
BSD, I've only played my EM's once.

It's a disease I don't mind having :)

I don't know if I'll ever own a lot of pins, but I'm at least going
after one from each era/decade.

Chas
'63 Merry Widow
'71 Solids n Stripes (this one might be sold)
'75 Bow and Arrow
'80's <empty> I need suggestions :)
'93 BSD
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:47:37 AM

NO WAY would i have a BIG collection, 60 pins, 4 vids, 2 jukes is enough for
me.

;)

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

"Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Run away fast.
>
> If you hang around here any longer it's as good as done.
>
> :>)
>
> Otto
>
> CARGPB11
>
> My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
>
> <pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> > am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> > have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> > "reason".

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:54:26 AM

Honestly I would love to. My problem is both CASH and SPACE. Cash is
probably the bigger problem.

I think it would be great to have a nice collection. I like variety and we
certainly have enough parties at the house to get plenty of use out of them.
Frankly I just wouldn't have the time to keep them up either, LOL.

Anyway to those that have a big collection I salute and eny you!

Greg

<pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 6:15:02 AM

Reason? REASON??? Sir...you speak BLASPHEMY!! There is no reason...and
don't look for one; just look for more pins.

"Reasonable Pinball Collection" is an oxymoron.

Good luck in your quest but I hope you have a strong marriage.

Darren

<pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

July 18, 2005 6:25:35 AM

I DO agree with your concern. The madness for me started early, and
enthusiasm is often a driving factor. After six years, though, I am finding
more of an interest in thinning my collection, with the exception of a few
precious titles....

Chris
> Seriously though, WHY do you have this many pins. Do you play them all
> regularly? I just think it would be "neat" to have a lot of pins but I
> cannot explain why to my wife as most of them will be barely played.

July 18, 2005 6:26:48 AM

On 17 Jul 2005 18:56:07 -0700, pokerpin@hotmail.com wrote:

>Seriously though, WHY do you have this many pins. Do you play them all
>regularly? I just think it would be "neat" to have a lot of pins but I
>cannot explain why to my wife as most of them will be barely played.

Variety is the spice of life!

Ben in Phoenix
(Member of the 30+ club)
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 6:30:12 AM

I agree, I have about $15,000 worth of pins

Mark Hooks
<gpctv02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have 24-28 pins
>
> that is not enough
>
> I want more
>
> It is a disease
>
> This entire hobby is nothing more than a sickness
>
> Get out while there is still time because it can get expensive
>
> gary

July 18, 2005 6:39:41 AM

It is an unexplainable phenomenon, but rest assured you are getting the
fever. I think what it boils down to is that you may like a game, but you
don't want to sell it because you'd never find a nicer one. (If you come
across a nicer one, you can always buy it and sell yours, many tell
themselves). Plus you will miss it and want to play it again, but alas - no
other locations in town have that one any more. Some people are speculators
too and feel that if you buy pins right, you can get a return on your money.
Let's face it - there is an obvious growing interest in pinball machines
(check RGP post history links to confirm), and while the home market demand
goes up, the available games are becoming more and more worn. People hold
on to particular titles (Cactus*Canyon, Safe*cracker, Banzai*Run lately,
G*R, and other sometimes limited production run games, etc) and their prices
go up.

12 pins (several clearcoated), coke box, cd juke, multi williams, 39in1
multicade, 72, Daytona Twin, a linked pair Rush the Rock Alcatraz Editions
later.....

http://www.charlottepinball.com/andy.htm

Andy

<pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 6:56:45 AM

I have this compulsion to buy pins I don't want because they're a good
deal and nearby. I have the feeling I'm going to end up with 20 and
only 3 or 4 will actually be games on my wantlist.

http://www.pinballblog.com
http://gameroomblog.com
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 7:17:32 AM

My grand son collects everything playstation; It's in your blood, human
greed with compulsion to hord and own things. If it were not pinball
then it would be something else :)  For Gene Cunningham it was
property, now its pinball.

Best keep collecting pinball and feel happy your aiding a good hobby.
When you've done with them I'm sure someone else will want them, unlike
most of those playstation disks which after a few years head for the
boot sale at a pound a piece.

Ping

dshadowy1@yahoo.com wrote:
> poker...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Seriously though, WHY do you have this many pins. Do you play them all
> > regularly? I just think it would be "neat" to have a lot of pins but I
> > cannot explain why to my wife as most of them will be barely played.
>

> I currently own about 22 pins and 4 vids, and a rifle game.
> In all honesty, I could cull that back to 7 pins and 3 vids and be
> pretty happy. I could also live for years off of tomato juice, turnips
> and bannanas. Its just variety is all.
> If you choose the pins based off of what YOU like in gameplay, you'll
> be amazed at how often you play them.
> If you just get pins because they are cheap, rare, or you like the
> theme or colors, or you think everyone else likes them well...you cant
> assume youre going to play those as much.
>
> Del
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 8:01:13 AM

My Reasons to have 30+ pins:

1) Titles get "hot" for a couple months - you CAN'T leave the gameroom
without "one more game of ...."

2) Fun to maintain and restore, you can tear apart 4-5 machines at once
and STILL have 20+ to pick from

3) Where ELSE you gonna see that many machines in one place anymore???
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 10:19:45 AM

This is true but neither statement is really relative.

No idea how it CAN'T be relative since he was asking the question. Gary
said you HAVE to have a big collection. I don't agree. You don't have
to have a big collection to enjoy pinball. Really, you don't.

Not everyone is alike. Some may need a fix of a new game, but I enjoyed
playing more with a small collection than I do now. That is just me.

>The first and for a while only pin I bought- I never got sick of it.

Thanks for making my point.

>But it is undeniable that variety is the spice of life. There is no ONE pin that
>will satisfy that.

True, but having 20-30 games isn't going to make your life any better.
Sounds like it might cause the poster more problems than he is ready
for.

>I think most one-pin households- they just don't really play it that much. I think most home >pinball sales get played a ton the first few weeks and then just when guests come over.

I sold a Space Invaders to a guy at work. He has owned it for 4+ years,
plays it at least 2-3 times a week, and is one of the few things he and
his son-in-law have in common. They play it constantly when he is in
town. I asked if he wanted another or swap it out and he is not
interested one bit. He loves it and will never sell it (from what I can
tell).

To each his own. I am making a point that having a huge collection is
not a requirement as some may claim. 4 pinballs can be the perfect size
collection to the right person.

Kirb
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 10:38:34 AM

I started out with one pin and at times have had as many as 200 at a time.
I have always been the same way with any hobby.
I collected old Tonka & Buddy L trucks for a while and had thousands of
them before I quit the hobby.
I'm in the process of selling off a lot of my coin op stuff because we never
play them and also because I accumulated my collection over 20 years and
they have appreciated greatly in value. The value of the machines will
eventually drop like every other collectible as the people who seek to
recapture the things from their youth retire and die off.
My wife has been great about my hobbies. We bought a house with a walk out
basement so that I could get machines in and out easily, and we completely
remodeled the basement for pinball use. This included special, indirect
lighting, tiles floors, and a super beefed up electrical system with outlets
every 18 inches!
It's great to have a party and literally have 50 people playing the games,
but that's only 2 or 3 times a year. The rest of the year we entertain one
or two couples and I've reached a point where I'd like to have a bar and rec
room instead of dozens of pins in rows.
In order to quench my collecting thirst I've switched to gumball machines.
They are much smaller and 20 of them can sit on a bookshelf, but I can still
get the enjoyment of completely restoring them and showing them off.
I'll probably always have a few pins and jukes, but there isn't any reason
to have 50 of them stashed away in a barn where they can't be enjoyed.
Good luck whatever you decide to do.
<pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

July 18, 2005 11:03:35 AM

Sounds to me like this: pinballs are like women. We'd all love a
stable of the most beautiful, but they create as many problems as they
solve. :)
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:07:47 PM

It's an addiction. The more pins you have though, the less chance of
getting tired of playing the same pin.

Pingeek
http://www.pingeek.com pinball dvds for sale

<pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:22:01 PM

It's a way to satisfy a primal urge. We are all hunter-gatherers at
some basic level. So if you enjoy playing pinball, the urge will
naturally follow to go out and find more. It's the thrill of the chase
man! Once you acquire that machine you've been looking for the thrill
only lasts so long, then you have to resume the hunt. Resistance is
futile. You have already been assimilated into the pinball collective.
:-)

Tim
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:29:15 PM

The BaronVonBell wrote:
> It's a way to satisfy a primal urge. We are all hunter-gatherers at
> some basic level. So if you enjoy playing pinball, the urge will
> naturally follow to go out and find more. It's the thrill of the chase
> man! Once you acquire that machine you've been looking for the thrill
> only lasts so long, then you have to resume the hunt. Resistance is
> futile. You have already been assimilated into the pinball collective.
> :-)
>
> Tim

So many pins...so little time....
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 6:13:13 PM

Ok here is my spin. you start out wanting one, then you get one and
your hooked, no question. I have 4 right now, would love 20 more,
working on it. I am a deal chaser, better the deal, less i care about
what machine. Figure i'll play it till im tired of it and gve it to a
friend to hold on to it for me for a while. But you all have to admit,
that when it comes up into a conversation, and they say you have a
pinball machine? and my answer is no,,,,I have four of them. you see
their eyes light up and an envy cross their minds. then they always
find a reason to come visit my house. then you watch them fade back 30
years, you see it in their eyes, and you get that great feeling inside.
this is why we have pinball machines in our homes, not for us, but for
everyone who does not. thinik about it

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachine
July 18, 2005 6:37:48 PM

<pokerpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

Over the years my collection has grown to 40 pins, 15 vids and 4 jukes.
25 pins are always setup and playable.

Why so many pins? I like the variety. My earliest pin was made in 1933
and my latest is ST:TNG (1993?). Somedays I enjoy playing Capt Fantastic,
and other late '60's EM's, other days I'll play pre-flippers. My collection
has
evolved over the years, and I have kept the pins I really like. Of course
there are a lot more I'd like to have, but space becomes the limiting
factor at some point.

Is this a sickness? Depends on your point of view I suppose. IMO its a
fun *hobby*. If its something you really enjoy, and can afford, why not
build a large collection?

Steve
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 8:11:52 PM

Why? Why Not? :)

Once you get hooked you are likely to get lost. When I got my first pin, I
had room for a few more. In those days you could still get a game for 20$ or
so if you were lucky. Once you start to know the history of pins, you become
interested to play a certain title. Especially when you don't see it often
at events. When you see one for sale, just basically don't play it, to see
what it is like, but you buy it, because it already has grown on you. The
more titles you play, the more you want. Then you reach the stage of fixing
them and you come across titles in junk shape that you think can give a new
life, or you need the parts for another game. I don't think any of us
started out with the idea of wanting 20, 30 or whatever amount of pins. You
just keep buying them and find a solution when space runs out. After a while
you will realise you have more pins than any arcade had when those were
around.

If you want top keep your wife happy: get a CFTBL, she'll love it. When
she's happy, she won't mind anymore as long as you keep putting her in the
first place.

Joe

<pokerpin@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> I have 4 pins currently but I have this compulsion to get 20-30 pins. I
> am not sure why as we will never have time to play them. Anyone else
> have this feeling about wanting a huge pin collection for not a good
> "reason". Basically my wife probably won't let me do it.

July 20, 2005 1:40:17 AM

Ctsteps5...

tried to go to your yahoo group and it says it doesn't exist (even with
2 Ls in pinball) :(
!