EM / SS Dual Production

oldschool

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It seems that I've seen an EM Sinbad and Dragon (among many
others)before the SS movement. So who's got 'em (the EM)? How happy are
you with them (the EM)? Anyone have a collection of them? How
collectable are the EM/SS version games in general? How many split (EM
vs SS) games are there?

OldSchool

>How many split (EM vs SS) games are there?

John Dayhuff here has the largest dual collection of both that I know
of. Bally and Gottlieb made dual (sort of) EM/SS titles.

I have a EM "eye of the tiger" which is the same layout as SS "sinbad".

For me, the EMs hold up better. They are easy to fix and don't have the
25 year old electronics or connector problems. Others may not agree.

Kirb

All the information on EM/SS you will need is available in the 2005 Mr.
Pinball Guide, either in the pricing section, or in the game
inter-relationships part.

Williams also made a couple. Lucky 7 and Hot Tip were dual.

Argosy 1977 is the last Em-only Williams game. It's a great game too.

OldSchool:

The EMs are great. I have quite a few of these "crossover"
games.

Gottliebs:
Cleopatra (4p) and Pyramid (2p)
Sinbad (4p) and Eye of the Tiger (2p)
Joker Poker
Close Encounters
Dragon
Charlie's Angels
Space Race (2p version of Count Down)
and the one I'm still looking for: Solar Ride

The Bally crossover games are much harder to come by:
Bow & Arrow (about 20 SS prototypes made)
Mata Hari (16,260 SS/170 EM)
Evel Knievel (14,000 SS/155 EM)
Night Rider (7,000 SS/4,155 EM)

Stern's "Pinball" was made in both SS and EM versions,
as was William's Hot Tip. The books also make reference
to 10 SS Aztecs, but I've never seen one.

-Mark
--
http://pinballpal.com/