hang screern

August 26, 2005 8:09:10 PM

I hope someone can help me. I run windows XP Professional, about 3-4 years
old. When I reboot or start up, the first screen that comes up while booting
hangs for a considerable long time. What can I do to correct this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Earl

More about : hang screern

August 26, 2005 8:09:11 PM

Earl wrote:

> I hope someone can help me. I run windows XP Professional, about 3-4
> years old. When I reboot or start up, the first screen that comes up
> while booting hangs for a considerable long time. What can I do to
> correct this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Earl

Since we have no information about your computer, including what service
pack level your XP is at, you can't get a specific answer. Basically,
all I can tell you is that something that is starting with Windows is
hanging, timing out, crashing, or just plain takes a long time.

Do clean-boot troubleshooting:

Clean Boot - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353
and How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

And as always, make sure your computer is virus and malware-free:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing...

Mlake
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Earl wrote:

> I hope someone can help me. I run windows XP Professional, about 3-4 years
> old. When I reboot or start up, the first screen that comes up while
> booting
> hangs for a considerable long time. What can I do to correct this.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Earl

Try some clean boot troubleshooting:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User