Prompt for XP Pro SP 2 CD

I'm trying to add a windows component, specifically "Other Network File and
Print Services," and receive a prompt to insert the Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 2 disk. The first problem with that is that I installed the
operating system from a disk that does not have service pack 2 embedded in
it, then installed the download version of SP2. When I first received this
prompt, I ordered the SP CD from Microsoft and attempted adding the component
again. The second problem is that it doesn't find what it is looking for on
the disk, and is still prompting me for the same thing. I have tried the
various subdirectories; but am still having no luck. Can anyone please help?
I need this in order to set up printing on a very picky plotter!

U have to Give path from brows button to "D:\ I386" folder .(where D is ur
CDROM drive)
"CherylD" <CherylD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to add a windows component, specifically "Other Network File
and
> Print Services," and receive a prompt to insert the Windows XP
Professional
> Service Pack 2 disk. The first problem with that is that I installed the
> operating system from a disk that does not have service pack 2 embedded in
> it, then installed the download version of SP2. When I first received
this
> prompt, I ordered the SP CD from Microsoft and attempted adding the
component
> again. The second problem is that it doesn't find what it is looking for
on
> the disk, and is still prompting me for the same thing. I have tried the
> various subdirectories; but am still having no luck. Can anyone please
help?
> I need this in order to set up printing on a very picky plotter!

Download and use Autostreamer. This will re-create a new XP install CD
image with SP2 pre-installed. You can then create a CD with this (just not
with native XP tools.)

"CherylD" <CherylD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to add a windows component, specifically "Other Network File
> and
> Print Services," and receive a prompt to insert the Windows XP
> Professional
> Service Pack 2 disk. The first problem with that is that I installed the
> operating system from a disk that does not have service pack 2 embedded in
> it, then installed the download version of SP2. When I first received
> this
> prompt, I ordered the SP CD from Microsoft and attempted adding the
> component
> again. The second problem is that it doesn't find what it is looking for
> on
> the disk, and is still prompting me for the same thing. I have tried the
> various subdirectories; but am still having no luck. Can anyone please
> help?
> I need this in order to set up printing on a very picky plotter!

Slipstream SP2 to your original XP CD. Visit my website
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look
at question 83

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..