Norton AV and HP Officejet Conflict?

Since installing Norton Antivirus 2005, my HP Officejet T-45 All in One
will not install the software at startup like it did with NAV 2004. I
wonder if there is some new security program in 2005 that keeps the
software from loading properly, thus giving me the old Lost
Communication Error Screen. Anybody know?
FWIW, I'm running WinXP.

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:29:59 GMT, Ann Meffert <annmef1@att.net> wrote:
> Since installing Norton Antivirus 2005, my HP Officejet T-45 All in One
> will not install the software at startup like it did with NAV 2004. I
> wonder if there is some new security program in 2005 that keeps the
> software from loading properly, thus giving me the old Lost
> Communication Error Screen. Anybody know?
> FWIW, I'm running WinXP.

I have heard of some devices using loopback IPs (127.x.x.x) to do
something (not sure if printing or scanning). And I have also heard of
firewalls sometimes blocking loopback IPs. Why anyone would block a
loopback IP (which can go nowhere outside your own PC) is beyond me.

Have you tried disabling NAV before installing the HP software? I have
also had some trouble with unrecognized Java class installing some HP
OfficeJet software. Although, it somehow still installed after a very
long delay.