Losing characters when printing with HP Lazerjet 6MP

HP Lazerjet 6MP does not not print the last few alpha characters in text
lines when trying to print a web pages from the screen (Windows XP) or from
"Print" icons embedded in many web pages.

Have tried resetting page and other characteristics located in the
ControlPanel Print/Fax without success. Only two alternatives I have found
that will work are to either copy text into NotePad and format the print
line there or specify pages to be printed using the landscape mode.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem.

Thanks

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:50:21 GMT, BoNe <bobne@Noworldnet.att.net> wrote:
> HP Lazerjet 6MP does not not print the last few alpha characters in text
> lines when trying to print a web pages from the screen (Windows XP) or from
> "Print" icons embedded in many web pages.
>
> Have tried resetting page and other characteristics located in the
> ControlPanel Print/Fax without success. Only two alternatives I have found
> that will work are to either copy text into NotePad and format the print
> line there or specify pages to be printed using the landscape mode.

That is not necessarily a problem with a specific printer. That is a
problem of web page designers using fixed sizes for things instead of
flexible html as html was originally intended (to fit any browser or
display). If they have any sense, they offer a printer friendly version
of the page. If not, you may have to use landscape to print everything.

Some browsers may allow you to shrink a page (like to 80% size) in "page
setup", but apparently IE does not (at least not on my PC with HP LaserJet
4L).