Screen saver and power options

August 26, 2005 11:30:46 PM

Screen saver and power options don't function on my new Dell Dimension
9100 with XP Pro. When I go to the desktop and right click properties ,
Screen saver, and set it for a particular saver, it does not work. Every
thing else functions quite well. I have several programs running in the
background (including the checking of mail on Outlook Express every minute).
Could this be it?
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:30:47 PM

Go to Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG , and hit enter.
Under the General tab, check "Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services",
click "apply" and reboot.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Hank Conner" wrote:

| Screen saver and power options don't function on my new Dell Dimension
| 9100 with XP Pro. When I go to the desktop and right click properties ,
| Screen saver, and set it for a particular saver, it does not work. Every
| thing else functions quite well. I have several programs running in the
| background (including the checking of mail on Outlook Express every minute).
| Could this be it?
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 1:07:30 AM

Thank you, Carey, your suggestion worked.

!