Screen saver and power options

Screen saver and power options don't function on my new Dell Dimension
9100 with XP Pro. When I go to the desktop and right click properties ,
Screen saver, and set it for a particular saver, it does not work. Every
thing else functions quite well. I have several programs running in the
background (including the checking of mail on Outlook Express every minute).
Could this be it?
2 answers Last reply
More about screen saver power options

    Go to Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG , and hit enter.
    Under the General tab, check "Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services",
    click "apply" and reboot.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Hank Conner" wrote:

    | Screen saver and power options don't function on my new Dell Dimension
    | 9100 with XP Pro. When I go to the desktop and right click properties ,
    | Screen saver, and set it for a particular saver, it does not work. Every
    | thing else functions quite well. I have several programs running in the
    | background (including the checking of mail on Outlook Express every minute).
    | Could this be it?

    Thank you, Carey, your suggestion worked.

    > Go to Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG , and hit enter.
    > Under the General tab, check "Normal Startup - load all device drivers and
    > services",
    > click "apply" and reboot.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Hank Conner" wrote:
    >
    > | Screen saver and power options don't function on my new Dell Dimension
    > | 9100 with XP Pro. When I go to the desktop and right click properties ,
    > | Screen saver, and set it for a particular saver, it does not work. Every
    > | thing else functions quite well. I have several programs running in the
    > | background (including the checking of mail on Outlook Express every
    > minute).
    > | Could this be it?

Microsoft Power Windows XP