  • Video Games
  • Product
Last response: in Video Games
July 18, 2005 9:14:33 AM

Sure Really wanted this machine auction pulled after just 2 hours:(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6194...

More about : huo bride happened

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 9:17:46 AM

>auction pulled after just 2 hour

"offer he could not refuse"

Kirb
(I suspect)
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:47:02 PM

Would have been interesting to see where it ended up. It was
gorgeous

I was really considering getting into the bidding to the end. I hope
he got what he wanted because he may be losing money by pulling it.

"offer he could not refuse"

Yeah, I agree. Let's see if it resurfaces. I have a feeling one of
our "high end" dealer buddies here on the group snatched it. Will
probably try and let the heat die down a little and offer it out at a
rediculous price.

Mario
Pinthetic
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:41:11 PM

FS: HUO BoP. Gorgeous. Only $3995! :)

Pinthetic@gmail.com wrote:
> Would have been interesting to see where it ended up. It was
> gorgeous
>
> I was really considering getting into the bidding to the end. I hope
> he got what he wanted because he may be losing money by pulling it.
>
> "offer he could not refuse"
>
> Yeah, I agree. Let's see if it resurfaces. I have a feeling one of
> our "high end" dealer buddies here on the group snatched it. Will
> probably try and let the heat die down a little and offer it out at a
> rediculous price.
>
> Mario
> Pinthetic
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:07:28 PM

It wasn't me this time !
July 18, 2005 4:48:24 PM

On 18 Jul 2005 05:14:33 -0700, "Pinsgonewild" <dwhiting@nycap.rr.com>
wrote:

>Sure Really wanted this machine auction pulled after just 2 hours:(
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6194...

Would have been interesting to see where it ended up. It was
gorgeous.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 7:50:45 PM

On Mon, 18 Jul, cfh@provide.net wrote:
> Game has its original batteries. Probably pulled the auction to
> fix the battery corrosion!

Come on, Mr. Negativity. Did you look at the auction pics? I didn't see
no leaky batteries or damage.

--Donnie

July 18, 2005 7:52:01 PM

But where's the tongue lashing for closing the auction early?

pr

Donnie Barnes wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul, cfh@provide.net wrote:
> > Game has its original batteries. Probably pulled the auction to
> > fix the battery corrosion!
>
> Come on, Mr. Negativity. Did you look at the auction pics? I didn't see
> no leaky batteries or damage.
>

> --Donnie
>
> --
> Donnie Barnes http://www.donniebarnes.com 879. V.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 10:00:09 PM

I honestly would have bid as high as $5000...do you think the offer he
couldn't refuse was as good as that?

Pinsgonewild wrote:
> Sure Really wanted this machine auction pulled after just 2 hours:(
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6194...
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 10:38:59 PM

>I honestly would have bid as high as $5000...do you think the offer he
>couldn't refuse was as good as that?

NOW you say that....You should have been the guy who sent the email.
Maybe you should contact the seller for the buyers name....

Kirb
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 10:54:50 PM

Now I feel much better. ; )

pr

Donnie Barnes wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul, pr wrote:
> > But where's the tongue lashing for closing the auction early?
>
> Well, I've said it now and I'll say it again since you ask. I won't pay
> any attention to auctions from folks who do that. To each his own and all
> that, but I'm not going to buy from folks who will do that (at least not
> via their auctions).
>
> The way I see it, if you list it, keep it there and let the bidding happen.
> The only good reason to pull an auction is if you truly can't sell the item
> any more, OR you find damage to it that you didn't know about and didn't
> disclose originally. If someone is willing to "make you an offer you can't
> refuse" then there are probably other people that would, too, and you'll
> win in the bidding war. You certainly will more often than not.
>
> Cars are an exception to this rule *if* you state in the auction ad that
> you reserve the right to end the auction early. Same goes for larger items
> that you aren't willing to ship, assuming you state it in the auction.
>
> I won't ask anyone to end an auction early, and I don't like it when people
> ask me to do it. I've had it asked a BUNCH of times, and I haven't done
> it.
>
> And again, I'm not going to say anyone is bad for doing it, but I also
> won't be a bidder in your auction if you do.
>

> --Donnie
>
> --
> Donnie Barnes http://www.donniebarnes.com 879. V.
Anonymous