Sign in with
Your question

Carol Clark

Last response: in Windows 7
November 8, 2012 6:40:18 AM

Does anyone have a fool proof method to UNINSTALL Windows Live? I was hacked, in my home, on Feb. ll of this year. I have discovered all my accounts have been tied to Live and forwarded from that server. I have tried - and tried - to get Live cancelled and just am unable. I am not the brightest spark when it comes to computers. Carol.

More about : carol clark

November 8, 2012 8:34:57 AM

i would hope by now you have cancelled and changed your accounts, and have learned to be more careful (the internet is all its cracked up to be). if you can't get control of your live account back, ditch it, let everyone know it's been hacked and not to use it, and delink EVERYTHING. Change all your passwords, the same day, and I mean ALL to Different things. For example they have access to a low priority account like your library card, but if the password is the same, if other accounts are linked referenced.....
m
l
November 9, 2012 5:17:00 AM

abbadon_34 said:
i would hope by now you have cancelled and changed your accounts, and have learned to be more careful (the internet is all its cracked up to be). if you can't get control of your live account back, ditch it, let everyone know it's been hacked and not to use it, and delink EVERYTHING. Change all your passwords, the same day, and I mean ALL to Different things. For example they have access to a low priority account like your library card, but if the password is the same, if other accounts are linked referenced.....

Thanks. Of course - and one just doesn't think of a library card. I tried restore to an earlier date - again - and also uninstall Windows Live. No luck. Windows Live is entrenched forever it seems. I loathe the program. Where do I go in the computer to delink? For everyone's excellent advice, I am grateful for your time. Carol.
m
l
!