where to sell pinball

hi
im thiking about selling some of my pins, whats the best place.

and how much can i expect to sell them fore

i have
tafg in excelent con. no driled holes 100% working with papers.
roadshow nice faded on one side.
m.m clear coatet proff. 100 % working very nice.
totan clear coatet proff, 100% working very nice.

its just to get an indication of prices

jan

Depend on where your at, willing to ship willing to wait for the right
heavy pocket.

TAFG---- 3-5k
RS------ 1800-2200
MM 6k an up
totan------2-4k

John
jdubbbs

willing to ship willing to wait for the right heavy pocket.

Are you in Texas by chance ? If so call me at 817-475-6112, David.

might have the best luck right here on RGP.

MM with CC'd playfield in near mint shape is eaily $8K+
TAFG maybe $5 or $6K
roadshow maybe $1700 if pretty nice.

as far as totan, maybe $4K to someone who really likes the title - can't
stand it myself.
Dan

"alexander" <info@stukkator.dk> wrote in message
> hi
> im thiking about selling some of my pins, whats the best place.
>
> and how much can i expect to sell them fore
>
> i have
> tafg in excelent con. no driled holes 100% working with papers.
> roadshow nice faded on one side.
> m.m clear coatet proff. 100 % working very nice.
> totan clear coatet proff, 100% working very nice.
>
> its just to get an indication of prices
>

> jan

The advantage to eBay is- Your market is larger, and you may get the
buyers who have deep pockets but aren't real fanatics like on the RGP.
But, the fees will cut into the margin big time (figure 10-12% or more
if you have a reserve and accept Paypal) and you will most likely have
to ship it, which you say isn't a problem, and you can do like most and
make up some of your fees there.
Local listings- small market, no shipping hassles, no fees other than
the listing. But you get looky-loos who want to play who aren't serious
buyers.
Here or Mr. Pinball classifieds - You will get bombarded by people who
are fanatics who want to know every detail, and then will probably
nickel and dime you to death over those same details. You may or may
not have to ship it. There is no cost to list and no fees to pay.
(That's the big plus in my book) The people here know exactly what the
value of the machines are so you're not going to be able to get as much
as you could on eBay, probably. Not for sure, but probably. But your
market is pretty good sized and the people here and on Mr. Pinball
actually buy and sell pins - they aren't charlatans for the most part.
And that counts for a lot (another big plus in my book)

I sold a pin on eBay for 1550.00 w/reserve and the fees were about
45.00 each (Paypal and eBay) for a total cost of 95.00. Figure 6 1/2-7
% in fees.

We have some info on our website about how to sell your game- either
locally, on the internet, etc. May help you figure out what to do.

See: www.actionpinball.com in the Game Sales Info section.

Good luck!

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"alexander" <info@stukkator.dk> wrote in message
> hi
> im thiking about selling some of my pins, whats the best place.
>
> and how much can i expect to sell them fore
>
> i have
> tafg in excelent con. no driled holes 100% working with papers.
> roadshow nice faded on one side.
> m.m clear coatet proff. 100 % working very nice.
> totan clear coatet proff, 100% working very nice.
>
> its just to get an indication of prices
>

> jan

The percentages on eBay and Paypal are on a sliding scale based on
amount. I don't have those figures memorized, but I think they may be
less as the amounts increase. But I think the reserve is the same
percentage no matter what.

On 18 Jul 2005 12:13:12 -0700, "deafdumb&blindboy"
<ilduchi1@earthlink.net> wrote:

>The percentages on eBay and Paypal are on a sliding scale based on
>amount. I don't have those figures memorized, but I think they may be
>less as the amounts increase. But I think the reserve is the same
>percentage no matter what.

Yeah, their reserve fees are nuts. I listed an item with a $1500
reserve and the listing fees were $44.

"Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in news:f2PCe.122503
$du.5745@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

> Put them on Ebay with a very high reserve(10K) and see where they end.

Wouldn't that cost you a fortune? Or does ebay US not charge massive fees
for putting a reserve on (ebay UK does)?

Tim

wow thanks fore all the info.

think this might be the best place to sell them.

i have 30+ pins but only whant to sell 3 or 4.

need space and some money in the pin account.
and yes im in denmark, but have shippede before.
seems the biggest hassel is getting a go shipping price.

i have these with clear coate.
totan
m.m
t.z
tom
kizz very nice new paintet kabinet,original .pl
i.j
non clear coatet
j.y
tafg.
taf
f.h x2
c.v
s.s
r.s
shadow
stng.
rfm
stw1
ngg.
s.c
capt.f bad pl
w.d
d.m
p.z
and a few more
witch would you pick out to make the best sale.

regards jan