Sign in with
Your question

Computer Crashing with selected programs open.

Last response: in Windows 7
November 8, 2012 8:48:13 AM

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong category- If it is just let me know and ill copy it and move it elsewhere.
I'll get right to the point, My computer crashes when I go to join my server in Minecraft and when I run Windows Experience Index. Except, only when i have Skype or Utorrent open.
Now the reason I'm posting this in the Windows 7 forum is because this didn't happen with windows 8. Which is making me think strongly that this is software related.
In event viewer it was giving me "critical error 41 kernel power'

PS:
Using Windows 8 is not an option as I completely hate it.
My computer NEVER crashes in any other situations.
My overclock has passed over 40 hours of stress testing, so I think it's pretty stable.

This started happening when I purchased my 560ti SC about a year ago.

Any help as to what i can do will be greatly appreciated :D 

750w Armacrox Freestyle http://www.anandtech.com/show/2383/9

a b $ Windows 7
November 8, 2012 2:48:57 PM

tomdabomb said:
Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong category- If it is just let me know and ill copy it and move it elsewhere.
I'll get right to the point, My computer crashes when I go to join my server in Minecraft and when I run Windows Experience Index. Except, only when i have Skype or Utorrent open.
Now the reason I'm posting this in the Windows 7 forum is because this didn't happen with windows 8. Which is making me think strongly that this is software related.
In event viewer it was giving me "critical error 41 kernel power'

PS:
Using Windows 8 is not an option as I completely hate it.
My computer NEVER crashes in any other situations.
My overclock has passed over 40 hours of stress testing, so I think it's pretty stable.

This started happening when I purchased my 560ti SC about a year ago.

Any help as to what i can do will be greatly appreciated :D 

750w Armacrox Freestyle http://www.anandtech.com/show/2383/9

When you download free programs from the internet, there is no guarantee of compatibility with your system.
m
l
!