2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? No idea
3_What screen resolution do you want? Don't care
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? I don't know
5_How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter. 2-3 hours
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? NOPE
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Homework, dvd burning, music storage, General.
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 320-500gb
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=8C8DBDD72AA5AA5BBBDAA5FD29F46721.bbolsp-app02-29?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=6954301226739799709&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=Gateway+NV5388u&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 years
11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD writer, want a 5-1 card reader
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No dell, and no mac. I hate dell and mac is too much. Gateway or hp is ok. dont like the way the asus looks or even acer.
First recognize that for just about every brand name you know, the laptop is NOT made by the company whose sticker is on it.
You like Gateway and HP but it must be recognized that the same company makes Dell's, HP's and Gateway's laptops.
The vast majority of laptops on the market are manufactured by a small handful of Original Design Manufacturers (ODM).
Major relationships include:
* Quanta sells to (among others) HP/Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, Sony, Fujitsu, Acer, NEC, Gateway and Lenovo/IBM - note that Quanta is currently (as of August, 2007) the largest manufacturer of notebook computers in the world.
* Compal sells to Toshiba, HP/Compaq, Acer, and Dell.
* Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to HP/Compaq, Dell, IBM, NEC, Acer, and Lenovo/IBM.
* Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP/Compaq, NEC, and Dell.
* ECS sells to IBM, Fujitsu, and Dell.
* Asus sells to Apple (iBook), Sony, and Samsung.
* Inventec sells to HP/Compaq, Toshiba, and BenQ.
* Uniwill sells to Lenovo/IBM and Fujitsu.
* Clevo sells to boutique manufacturers like Sager, FalcolnNW, WidowPC and others
Personally I find $750 about the entry point for a good laptop.
The problem I have with Dell is their tech support sucks and the 2 I have owned dies in a little over a year. I need good support if I can't fix it myself. I could spend 600 if needed but I don't want to put myself short. Also a webcam and a decient set of speakers and a mic because my sister lives in Spain. I don't want my laptop to move super slow I need a steady speed. And its not my internet.