eton1211

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite A200
it is running windows vista home basic
it is 2 years old and it never have this problem reasonly
it seems to be the power connecter has problem
it is charging the bettery and work well for charging the bettery and the laptop runs well until bettery runs out
the problem is that if i runs the computer with the power cord it will frose up on me, i also tried to use other cdocrd and it dose the same thing, but it use to run the laptop with the cord on and with out bettery on and it work fine. can anyone tell me what cause/may be the problem and how to solve it?
i appreciate deeply

Thanks for your reply Anonymous
But my laptop is in pieces and recycled
There is other faults and is too much trouble to fix for its life time.

I deeply appreciate you take your time.

Thanks

<-----solved, do not reply----->

Solution
G
If the power supply cube is not delivering the full specified voltage or current it may be able to charge the battery but not have sufficient power to run the computer without the battery.

I would test the cube's output with a multimeter and if the voltage is wrong, look for a replacement (current is a little harder to check).
G

If the power supply cube is not delivering the full specified voltage or current it may be able to charge the battery but not have sufficient power to run the computer without the battery.

I would test the cube's output with a multimeter and if the voltage is wrong, look for a replacement (current is a little harder to check).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.