Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help Choosing Monitor! - XL2370

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 9, 2010 1:58:24 AM

Hey,

Im J.P., I need your help.

I need to buy a 23" monitor to work with photos (photoshop, etc) video and audio. Im thinking seriously in the XL2370 but I readed some things about.

I read that reading in the XL2370 is not easy, that the letters looks not so much clear. What do you think?

Other thing that worries me is about the eye strain. I have very sensible eyes.

Please share with me your thoughts or experience!

Thank you :-)

Greetings.
a b C Monitor
August 9, 2010 9:17:51 PM

Higher the resolution, crisper is the text making it hard to read which thereby causes strain to the eyes.. The first thing you should do after getting a big screen LCD is, increase the DPI setting so as to make texts look larger.. Some might suggest you to lower the resolution but it hinders in providing the maximum possible desktop area for work.. Now, a monitor for your kind of work might require some serious investment.. If you've no cash worries then I'll recommend you to consider getting either the HP LP2475W or the Dell U2410.. Both of those monitors use IPS panels which are far superior in color production compared to the TN panels found on budget monitors.. In case you do not have that much cash, i'd recommend you getting the Dell G2410.. It may not be a looker but has some of the best color productions I've ever witnessed from a TN panel..
m
l
August 10, 2010 6:14:11 AM

Hey man.

Thank you for your time and help.

Unfortunately, in my country I dont have the option of buy that monitors, plus Im in a budget.

There are only LG and Samsung. I dont have much options.

I have only this options:

http://pcfactory.cl/buscar_productos.php?g=250&pagina=2...

http://pcfactory.cl/buscar_productos.php?g=250&pagina=3...

That shop have the current models that are in other shops in my country.

What you would do in my place?

Sorry for my english, and Thank you :-)

J.P.
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
August 10, 2010 7:21:43 AM

Looks like you don't have much available options.. In that case, i'd recommend you to quick to your current selection.. I saw a LG 24" monitor available but the Samsung model looks far better..
m
l
August 10, 2010 9:48:04 PM

Hey man, thank you.

So you recommend to me the xl2370 like the best option considering the current stock in my country? what do you like of the xl2370?
m
l

Best solution

a b C Monitor
August 10, 2010 10:41:36 PM

Well, all TN panel monitors are almost same with picture quality.. So it mostly comes down to the design and features.. The Samsung XL2370 might not be sporting the best of the features but has a great design and some excellent color metrics.. My personal favorite is the Dell G2410 though but it falls short in front of the Samsung's great design.. Here's a review to help you out -

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/samsung-syncmaster...
a b C Monitor
September 14, 2010 3:04:55 AM

Best answer selected by buwish.
m
l
!