Laserjet 1320N and Windows Server 2003

Hi,

I have understood that this printer comes with a "print driver only"
software solution for Windows Server 2003 (I'm wondering why the Toolbox
is not supported there). Ok. The printer is directly connected to the
network, not to any system.

But how in the world do I install the driver on this OS? The
installation software tells me to use the "Add Printer" wizard from the
Control Panel but I can't find any Windows Server 2003 specific driver.
No information in the documentation about how to proceed.

Thanks very much in advance.

--
Patrick Philippot
MainSoft Consulting Services

It appears that you need to download the installation CD, extract the files,
then use the Add Printer Wizard to install the printer. It may be possible
to run the Setup program included with this package. In which case, you
should get the Toolbox. The download page for the 1320N is
http://snipurl.com/b6uh This is the US site but it also includes the
Western Europe version.

Good luck,

Robert

RT wrote:
> 1320N is http://snipurl.com/b6uh This is the US site but it also
> includes the Western Europe version.

Thanks Robert.

I could eventually install the driver with the help of a french HP
representative (I was amazed at how fast they called me back - it's
unusual). Actually, they told me that I had to install the driver
downloadable from the HP 1320 page, not 1320N (??). And actually, it
worked.

--
Patrick Philippot
MainSoft Consulting Services