My computer crashed and I did a reinstall and made a c,d partition. C drive
is very small. I have a large program that i am trying to install but it is
too large for c drive and this is where it is trying to install. How do I get
it to install on d drive?

thanks,

A.J.

Some software gives the option, during install, which folder, or drive/partition, where
you would like to have it installed. Usually there is a default install path to the C:
drive, like C:\Program Files\Program Name, with a BROWSE button you can click to change
the path to where you actually want the software installed. Alas, some software does NOT
give a choice as to where you can install it. If, during install, you are not given the
option to install to a different path, then you have a problem. Windows XP does not allow
for changing the sizes of partitions on the fly, without losing all of your data. If the
software is necessary, and will only install to the C: drive, you will have to purchase
third party partitioning software, which does change the size of partitions on the fly,
without data loss, like Partition Magic 8, and make your D: partition smaller, and your C:
partition larger.

http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"biker02" <biker02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer crashed and I did a reinstall and made a c,d partition. C drive
> is very small. I have a large program that i am trying to install but it is
> too large for c drive and this is where it is trying to install. How do I get
> it to install on d drive?
>
> thanks,
>
> A.J.

TRENDING THREADS