Windows could not start because of an error in the software

Hello bright ones,

I have encountered a problem with my computer. I will tell you the error
message.

Error message:

Windows could not start because of an error in the software.
Please report this problem as:

load needed DLLs for kernel.

Please contact your support to report this problem.

I am not sure what this means? I read that it could be caused by PCI
overclocking?

I receive other messages such as:windows/system32/config/system is missing,
use the recovery console to fix this.

I received a STOP message but just the number, I was only able to write down:
STOP: 0x0000008E

But, periodically the computer will start fine, and work fine. 8 hours
later, it'll freeze up again.

Please someone help me. I am at a loss.

Sweeper.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows start error software

    Try to do a sfc /scannow at the command prompt.

    Stop overclocking....You can try installing xp cd,boot to xp cd,at info screen
    select install xp,repair this copy.All files/settings stay intact,only xp
    updates
    are lost.

    Sweeper wrote:

    > Hello bright ones,
    >
    > I have encountered a problem with my computer. I will tell you the error
    > message.
    >
    > Error message:

    <snip>

    > I receive other messages such as:windows/system32/config/system is missing,
    > use the recovery console to fix this.

    This message is indicative of corruption in the registry. See these
    articles:

    How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
    Starting:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307545

    How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822705

    > I received a STOP message but just the number, I was only able to write down:
    > STOP: 0x0000008E

    See this site for info on this stop error message:

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
    0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Software Windows XP