Xendau

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2003
I currently have a Asus A7V with a Via KT133 chipset and was wondering if would be possible to somehow shoehorn a 2500+ into it. Any help is appreciated, Thank you

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
This may help:
<A HREF="http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/xptmc/xptmc.htm" target="_new">http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/xptmc/xptmc.htm</A>

The loving are the daring!

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
they did used to make pc175 and pc150...

running pc150 at 3-3-3 will prolly get you to 166mhz...

but your chip set will most definitly hold ya back...

Proud owner of DOS 3.3 :smile:

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Check the Asus homepage to make sure you download the latest reviosion of the bios flash utility for your mainboard. Usually on older motherboards, the Bios upgrades allow you to accept new CPUs, so that is definitely woth giving a look and seeing if such a utilithyh is available for your specific motherboard under the Asus homepage in their support section.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

RCPilot

Champion
That's not the problem. He's got a MOBO that runs SDRAM & has a 266 FSB. He want's to put in a 333 FSB CPU that should run on DDRAM! A BIOS update isn't going to help that one little bit. A new MOBO & RAM will for that chip.

Well, I didn't think that was gonna happen!!!

superpsa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2002
Too right!

Investment in DDR2700/3200 and a newer board is needed.

If you're on a budget I can HIGHLY recommend the ASRock K7S8XE for the 2500+ it can be OCed to 3200+ incredibly easily. And with the new performance BIOS there's a massive (17-20%) increase in memory bandwidth (original BIOS is [-peep-])

AMD Is An Anagram Of MAD, Intel Is An Anagram Of INLET, Cyrix...Ah Who Cares?

RCPilot

Champion
The other problem with that is, what vid card & HDD is he running? Still doesn't make much sense to go with the MOBO, DDRAM, XP2500 & Have nada for the HDD & vid card.

I consider the WD whatever JB 8 mg cashe the min.

Vid card min.! You can argue all day.

Then there's the question of PSU to get it all up & kicken.

Well, I didn't think that was gonna happen!!!