CPU Eaten up

a b à CPUs
August 27, 2005 1:46:49 AM

I have a process, PQV2iSvc.exe, which is eating >50% of my CPU cycles and is
WAY up in the page fault and i/o reads. I have no clue as to what it might
be but don't know if I can just terminate the process.

If anyone KNOWS, please advise me.

Mike

More about : cpu eaten

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 27, 2005 1:46:50 AM

"mike carrington" <throwaway01@qwest.net> wrote in message
>I have a process, PQV2iSvc.exe, which is eating >50% of my CPU cycles and
>is WAY up in the page fault and i/o reads. I have no clue as to what it
>might be but don't know if I can just terminate the process.
>
> If anyone KNOWS, please advise me.
>
> Mike

It is your Drive Imaging software (Power Quest).

FWIW, I simply entered "PQV2iSvc.exe" in the search box on goole and had an
answer in 5 seconds. You could have done the same.

Bobby
August 27, 2005 1:58:05 AM

"mike carrington" <throwaway01@qwest.net> wrote:

|>I have a process, PQV2iSvc.exe, which is eating >50% of my CPU cycles and is
|>WAY up in the page fault and i/o reads. I have no clue as to what it might
|>be but don't know if I can just terminate the process.
|>
|>If anyone KNOWS, please advise me.

Norton Ghost Protector Service Module
http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/pqv2isvc/
(Google'd it)
--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
a b à CPUs

More information: I'm running XP and have run Spybot Search and Destroy,
Ad-Aware SE, and Norton's Antivirus with no significant alarms. Search
seems to indicate that that file is part of Norton's Ghost but I'm not
running it currently. Again, HELP!

Mike

"mike carrington" <throwaway01@qwest.net> wrote in message
>I have a process, PQV2iSvc.exe, which is eating >50% of my CPU cycles and
>is WAY up in the page fault and i/o reads. I have no clue as to what it
>might be but don't know if I can just terminate the process.
>
> If anyone KNOWS, please advise me.
>
> Mike

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 27, 2005 2:25:00 AM

"mike carrington" <throwaway01@qwest.net> wrote in message
>I have a process, PQV2iSvc.exe, which is eating >50% of my CPU cycles and
>is WAY up in the page fault and i/o reads. I have no clue as to what it
>might be but don't know if I can just terminate the process.
>
> If anyone KNOWS, please advise me.

Just like what Richard mentioned.

PQV2iSvc.exe shows high CPU utilization after backing up a partition
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/powerquest.nsf/643...
or
http://tinyurl.com/cd24r

--
William
Anonymous

"mike carrington" <throwaway01@qwest.net> wrote in message
>I have a process, PQV2iSvc.exe, which is eating >50% of my CPU cycles and
>is WAY up in the page fault and i/o reads. I have no clue as to what it
>might be but don't know if I can just terminate the process.
>
> If anyone KNOWS, please advise me.
>
> Mike

It belongs to PowerQuest.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 27, 2005 5:02:21 AM

You have Ghost 9 on your computer. After you create an image, it takes a
while for the process to release it's resources. It will usually clear in
about 2-3 minutes.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner
"If you knew as much as you think you know,

"mike carrington" <throwaway01@qwest.net> wrote in message
>I have a process, PQV2iSvc.exe, which is eating >50% of my CPU cycles and
>is WAY up in the page fault and i/o reads. I have no clue as to what it
>might be but don't know if I can just terminate the process.
>
> If anyone KNOWS, please advise me.
>
> Mike

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 27, 2005 7:22:23 AM

Am associating this with DI 7.0, there seems alot of hard drive flogging
after the imaging process is done here. Have audible and visual cues.
Windows swapfile is on a noisy Seagate scsi hard drive. Have a separate
scsi activity indicator.

!