Sign in with
Your question

Cannot connect to a Windows service and other problems

Last response: in Windows 7
November 8, 2012 12:25:27 PM

Hello,

Monday night my computer started to do some weird things. It takes a long time to boot and once it boots it tells me "Cannot connection to a windows service....". It will not let me connect to the internet and it keeps turning my firewall off. I have tried to use Windows Defender full scan in regular and safe mode and it comes up with nothing. I've also done mcafee full scan in regular and safe mode and it comes up with nothing. I turned on system restore and let it run overnight and in the morning it said it could not restore my system. I've also tried various diagnostic options with my computer and they are not available.

I'm getting very frustrated and I'm about to convince my husband to spend a large amount of money to get my computer fixed. I'd rather do it myself and save money. Please help.
a b $ Windows 7
November 8, 2012 12:45:01 PM

Quote:
"Cannot connection to a windows service...."

the .... info might be helpful? what is the exact message?
m
l
Related resources
November 8, 2012 5:19:26 PM

Thank you to both of you for responding so quickly! I'll try the safe mode networking tonight and if that does not work I will give what the balloon says about not being able to connect to the windows service. It's pretty long.
m
l
November 9, 2012 11:27:52 AM

I tried the safe mode networking and it did not work. My son-in-law is looking at my computer this weekend. I forget he knows a thing or two about computers.
m
l
November 19, 2012 12:29:12 PM

My son-in-law fixed it. I have no idea what he did. Wanted to give closure. Thank you for all of the help.
m
l
Related resources
!