Bridge download problem

I have been playing Bridge on MSN.Games for a long time but, suddenly, I am
stuck on the "Download & install latest version" page. It's telling me
"Sorry, we (I suppose Microsoft) were unable to install your game" - follow
the instructions below. Have followed all instructions to no avail.- I can
not play Bridge and it's driving me crazy! Anybody out there in cyberspace
who is willing to help and restore my sanity?
I have Windows XP with Service Pack 2

Hi,

"Irmgard" <starry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A1A1EF9-FAD5-4907-9FBC-82013C06AE8E@microsoft.com...
| I have been playing Bridge on MSN.Games for a long time but, suddenly, I am
| stuck on the "Download & install latest version" page. It's telling me
| "Sorry, we (I suppose Microsoft) were unable to install your game" - follow
| the instructions below. Have followed all instructions to no avail.- I can
| not play Bridge and it's driving me crazy! Anybody out there in cyberspace
| who is willing to help and restore my sanity?
| I have Windows XP with Service Pack 2

There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.

The Zone newsgroups are listed in the left side of this "Community
Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us

However, while you're here... ;-)
To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:

Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html

Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html

Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
"Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html

Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html

Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :)

MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm

Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

Hi Jimmy!
Thank you so much for your help - I am up and running again - what a
relieve! I followed your "Optimize Your Internet Explorer Settings" and it
worked a treat - wonderful! So eazy when you know how! Thanks again for
your time to reply!

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "Irmgard" <starry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A1A1EF9-FAD5-4907-9FBC-82013C06AE8E@microsoft.com...
> | I have been playing Bridge on MSN.Games for a long time but, suddenly, I am
> | stuck on the "Download & install latest version" page. It's telling me
> | "Sorry, we (I suppose Microsoft) were unable to install your game" - follow
> | the instructions below. Have followed all instructions to no avail.- I can
> | not play Bridge and it's driving me crazy! Anybody out there in cyberspace
> | who is willing to help and restore my sanity?
> | I have Windows XP with Service Pack 2
>
> There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.
>
> The Zone newsgroups are listed in the left side of this "Community
> Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
> http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us
>
> However, while you're here... ;-)
> To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:
>
> Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
> Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html
>
> Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html
>
> Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
> "Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html
>
> Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
> Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html
>
> Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
> Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html
>
> Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :)
>
> MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
> at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm
>
> Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com
>
> I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance

I'm glad that worked Irmgard. :) Thank you for taking the time to post!
This post will help others who are searching for the same solution.