Bridge download problem

I have been playing Bridge on MSN.Games for a long time but, suddenly, I am
stuck on the "Download & install latest version" page. It's telling me
"Sorry, we (I suppose Microsoft) were unable to install your game" - follow
the instructions below. Have followed all instructions to no avail.- I can
not play Bridge and it's driving me crazy! Anybody out there in cyberspace
who is willing to help and restore my sanity?
I have Windows XP with Service Pack 2
3 answers Last reply
More about bridge download problem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi,

    "Irmgard" <starry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A1A1EF9-FAD5-4907-9FBC-82013C06AE8E@microsoft.com...
    | I have been playing Bridge on MSN.Games for a long time but, suddenly, I am
    | stuck on the "Download & install latest version" page. It's telling me
    | "Sorry, we (I suppose Microsoft) were unable to install your game" - follow
    | the instructions below. Have followed all instructions to no avail.- I can
    | not play Bridge and it's driving me crazy! Anybody out there in cyberspace
    | who is willing to help and restore my sanity?
    | I have Windows XP with Service Pack 2

    There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.

    The Zone newsgroups are listed in the left side of this "Community
    Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us

    However, while you're here... ;-)
    To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:

    Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
    Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html

    Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html

    Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
    "Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html

    Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
    Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

    Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
    Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html

    Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :-)

    MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
    at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm

    Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com

    I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi Jimmy!
    Thank you so much for your help - I am up and running again - what a
    relieve! I followed your "Optimize Your Internet Explorer Settings" and it
    worked a treat - wonderful! So eazy when you know how! Thanks again for
    your time to reply!

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > "Irmgard" <starry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A1A1EF9-FAD5-4907-9FBC-82013C06AE8E@microsoft.com...
    > | I have been playing Bridge on MSN.Games for a long time but, suddenly, I am
    > | stuck on the "Download & install latest version" page. It's telling me
    > | "Sorry, we (I suppose Microsoft) were unable to install your game" - follow
    > | the instructions below. Have followed all instructions to no avail.- I can
    > | not play Bridge and it's driving me crazy! Anybody out there in cyberspace
    > | who is willing to help and restore my sanity?
    > | I have Windows XP with Service Pack 2
    >
    > There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.
    >
    > The Zone newsgroups are listed in the left side of this "Community
    > Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us
    >
    > However, while you're here... ;-)
    > To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:
    >
    > Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
    > Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html
    >
    > Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html
    >
    > Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
    > "Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html
    >
    > Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
    > Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html
    >
    > Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
    > Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html
    >
    > Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :-)
    >
    > MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
    > at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm
    >
    > Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com
    >
    > I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :-)
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    I'm glad that worked Irmgard. :-) Thank you for taking the time to post!
    This post will help others who are searching for the same solution.

    --

    "Irmgard" <Irmgard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08E6D2F7-7668-433E-9D78-35892C9CC3E0@microsoft.com...
    | Hi Jimmy!
    | Thank you so much for your help - I am up and running again - what a
    | relieve! I followed your "Optimize Your Internet Explorer Settings" and it
    | worked a treat - wonderful! So eazy when you know how! Thanks again for
    | your time to reply!
    |

    | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    |
    | > Hi,
    | >
    | > "Irmgard" <starry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A1A1EF9-FAD5-4907-9FBC-82013C06AE8E@microsoft.com...
    | > | I have been playing Bridge on MSN.Games for a long time but, suddenly, I am
    | > | stuck on the "Download & install latest version" page. It's telling me
    | > | "Sorry, we (I suppose Microsoft) were unable to install your game" - follow
    | > | the instructions below. Have followed all instructions to no avail.- I can
    | > | not play Bridge and it's driving me crazy! Anybody out there in cyberspace
    | > | who is willing to help and restore my sanity?
    | > | I have Windows XP with Service Pack 2
    | >
    | > There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.
    | >
    | > The Zone newsgroups are listed in the left side of this "Community
    | > Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
    | > http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us
    | >
    | > However, while you're here... ;-)
    | > To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:
    | >
    | > Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
    | > Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html
    | >
    | > Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html
    | >
    | > Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
    | > "Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html
    | >
    | > Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
    | > Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html
    | >
    | > Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
    | > Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html
    | >
    | > Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :-)
    | >
    | > MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
    | > at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm
    | >
    | > Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com
    | >
    | > I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :-)
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >
    | > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    | > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

Download Games Microsoft Video Games