User accounts with no 3rd party services

jr

I'm running an video editing software that is giving me problems. I would
like to create an user account with no 3rd party services
(printers/antivirus) or start up processes. Is it possible?
If I make changes with msconfig it changes all the user accounts. I need to
have only one with nothing but windows xp. I'm running XP home.
THanks
JR

No.

Services are the same for all user accounts.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"JR" <JR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running an video editing software that is giving me problems. I would
> like to create an user account with no 3rd party services
> (printers/antivirus) or start up processes. Is it possible?
> If I make changes with msconfig it changes all the user accounts. I need
> have only one with nothing but windows xp. I'm running XP home.
> THanks
> JR

kelly

Local Machine entries are system wide.
Current User entries are per user.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"JR" <JR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running an video editing software that is giving me problems. I would
> like to create an user account with no 3rd party services
> (printers/antivirus) or start up processes. Is it possible?
> If I make changes with msconfig it changes all the user accounts. I need
> have only one with nothing but windows xp. I'm running XP home.
> THanks
> JR

jr

Kelly - does it mean that by changing the regedit I can do it?

"Kelly" wrote:

> Local Machine entries are system wide.
> Current User entries are per user.
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "JR" <JR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm running an video editing software that is giving me problems. I would
> > like to create an user account with no 3rd party services
> > (printers/antivirus) or start up processes. Is it possible?
> > If I make changes with msconfig it changes all the user accounts. I need
> > have only one with nothing but windows xp. I'm running XP home.
> > THanks
> > JR

> Kelly - does it mean that by changing the regedit I can do it?

No, Windows and programs wouldn't be able to find the keys. Your best bet
may be a second install of Windows. You can run two installs on the same
computer as long as they are on different partitions. Gamers often do this.
Search google for how to set it up. I hate to bring this up as it may start
a flame war but this may be contrary to the EULA. I'll leave it up to you to
read the EULA and make your own interpretation.

Kerry

jr

Kerry, I don't have a problem doing it, But our goods freinds at gateway did
not provide me a XP disc - it's preloaded!

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> > Kelly - does it mean that by changing the regedit I can do it?
> >

> No, Windows and programs wouldn't be able to find the keys. Your best bet
> may be a second install of Windows. You can run two installs on the same
> computer as long as they are on different partitions. Gamers often do this.
> Search google for how to set it up. I hate to bring this up as it may start
> a flame war but this may be contrary to the EULA. I'll leave it up to you to
> read the EULA and make your own interpretation.
>
> Kerry

TRENDING THREADS