Hi

I'm installing Microsoft Antispyware but I get the error message " 1606
Could not access network location \\pc1\c\Michael\my documents\my pictures\
"

TIA

--

kelly

Common and old issue. As the MSAS is still in beta, skip it and move on.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm installing Microsoft Antispyware but I get the error message " 1606
> Could not access network location \\pc1\c\Michael\my documents\my
> pictures\ "
>
> TIA

It also happens with others program's installations

> Common and old issue. As the MSAS is still in beta, skip it and move on.
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm installing Microsoft Antispyware but I get the error message " 1606
>> Could not access network location \\pc1\c\Michael\my documents\my
>> pictures\ "
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> --

kelly

Automated Edit:

Error 1606 ... Access Network Location (Line 66)

Manual Edit:

Go to: Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders

Ensure that the Common Admistrative Tools entry is correct.

It should read:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

Err Msg: Error 1606 Could Not Access Network Location
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315352

--

> It also happens with others program's installations

>> Common and old issue. As the MSAS is still in beta, skip it and move on.
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
>>

>> "Newport" <xxxxxx@txxxxx.xx> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm installing Microsoft Antispyware but I get the error message "
>>> 1606 Could not access network location \\pc1\c\Michael\my documents\my
>>> pictures\ "
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> --

Thanks it works now