Lost XP PRO Disc

August 27, 2005 3:35:12 AM

Does anyone know how I can get an installation disc for Windows XP Pro. I
have the sticker with the key on it and everything but I lost the disc and I
want to do a reinstall.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

More about : lost pro disc

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 10:40:54 AM

How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware

"Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I can get an installation disc for Windows XP Pro. I
> have the sticker with the key on it and everything but I lost the disc and I
> want to do a reinstall.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 1:07:05 PM

Glen wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can get an installation disc for Windows XP Pro. I
> have the sticker with the key on it and everything but I lost the disc and I
> want to do a reinstall.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
manufacturer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
August 28, 2005 2:22:44 AM

Glen wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can get an installation disc for Windows XP Pro. I
> have the sticker with the key on it and everything but I lost the disc and I
> want to do a reinstall.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Do you have a friend that has the same flavor of XP Pro, ie OEM from the
same vendor, or Retail? If so ask them if you can copy it. This is
perfectly legal. There is nothing unique about the CD, per se, other
than the CD type must be matched with the CD key type.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User